ID please

reefforbrains

Woah, bad news if it is , looks like a banded. I will wait and let someone with more expertise chime in, but if it is most are downright nasty in home tanks. Can you get a better pic of the head?

reefforbrains

no, banded sea snake (poisonous) but i am not a pro, also would like to see the head, but tail looks like it........ Bang should know, he has much more broad knowledge.

zanoshanox

he burries himself in the sand and usually burrows into it backwards...and keeps his head right above the surface....he seems very docile

reefforbrains

Like I said, others know more about these than myself. It apears common thought is garden eel. sorry if i jumped the gun, just some people catch SS and try to bring them home because they "look cool" and it always makes me cringe.

cagrn

That looks really cool.

If it is a garden eel wouldn't you need a deeper sand bed? Just asking not critisizing.

cagrn

That looks really cool.

If it is a garden eel wouldn't you need a deeper sand bed? And a bigger tank than a nano? Just asking not critisizing.

zanoshanox

well he's in my 65 g....so i don't really consider that a nano...
But yeah i should probably add more sand. haha thats okay brains, just had me scared there for a sec

reefforbrains

This board is odd, many live right on the coast. Not uncommon for a newbie to just take a stroll to the beach or when diving to take something "cool" home. No offence to you Florida folk.
Wasnt till I saw Colorado and 2400 posts that I relaxed. Again sorry if I hit the fire alarm premature. I was legitimatley worried when I saw the pic though.

Chasmodes

The pictured fish is the orange barred garden eel a.k.a. splendid garden eel, Gorgasia preclara. Below is the fishbase link:
*links violation. No links can contain advertisments for competitors.*