ID Please

freddyinca

Can someone ID this mushroom:

I have had it forever and while everything else in may tank has more than doubble in size this litlle guy has not done anything. It is dark brown with teal spots on it. Anyone know anything about it, how to care for it? Low light, high light? Right now I placed it half in shade half in light to see if I can tell which it likes more.
Thanks

fishygurl

3D?? lol i really think it is a ricordia because of the bubbles on it, and ricordias are like mushrooms and they are flat, maybe they were on a bump in the live rock? anyways what type of lighting do u have power compacts metal halides t5's or what? u just said wattage... anyways im not exactly sure what u feed them or if u REALLY NEED to or not, but if u want u can just feed it cyclopeeze and small food like that i guess, might want to ask more people about that.. also i think they like a lot of light.. did you buy it or did u find it?

freddyinca

What I meant by 3d is that the bubbles on mine don't really stick up like in all the pics I seenof ricordias. I have metal halides. I bought a long time ago and it has stayed alive but not changed at all.

morval

look up hairy mushroom. most mushrooms like to be in moderate light and do even better if you can get them somewhere around a 45 degree angle. try low ir ur tank on the side of a rock.