id please

flip_floppin

Could someone try to identify this guy. Is it some kind of duster or anemone?? It has tube like arms but the base it tube like, similiar to a duster. When its disturbed it retracts like a duster as well. If I need better pics let me know. Thanks for taking the time.

Tim

grue

He is right about one thing it is not good. I thought it was an aiptasia. Either way it will spread like the Plague! I Saw a few in my tank I got pepperment shrimps. They were gone in 1 month
Grue

flip_floppin

Thanks, im kind of new to salt but now that you mention it it does look like aiptasia. I googled it, i guess i'll remove the whole rock, its a small piece anyway. Thanks a bunch.
Tim

jawdubb

Slow down and don't kill it!!! It looks like a bubble corallimorpharian. I have 3 in my tank and the largest one is about 6" across. It does not look like a mojano anemone at all to me. Some of them come in a lime green color while most come in a redish/purple color which it looks like you have. If you can, feel it and let me know if it is very very soft to the touch because that is how ours are, and they aren't very slimy like most of our other mushrooms. Also if you will feed it and see if it rolls into a ball around its food. Our biggest one will roll around food in just a few seconds. If it is the bubble mushroom you got a nice freebie!!!!!!