ID plz, i should hav went to bed :(

rcdude1990

is it flat? is there anyway u can turn it over, it looks like a flounder, a pretty gib one, turn it over , if u c eyes and a mouth u got a flounder

renogaw

it is not a flounder
its some type of worm or nudi, its crawling all over the place, and its only aobut 2" long

renogaw

Originally Posted by Dragonladylea
Its a flatworm. You probably have more than one, so you have corals?? If so you will need to treat this tank asap.
flatworms are generally tiny arent they?

renogaw

Originally Posted by reefreak29
its a type of flat worm get rid of it
ok..... how do i treat the tank?

renogaw

i think this is the same worm i found months ago and was told it could be beneficial. should i do the flatworm exit if i don't see any other flatworms? i just read up on it and it is semi scary treatment...

reefreak29

Originally Posted by renogaw
i think this is the same worm i found months ago and was told it could be beneficial. should i do the flatworm exit if i don't see any other flatworms? i just read up on it and it is semi scary treatment...
yeh dont do this the flatworm exit can do some damage , this is a Platyhelminth flatworm u probably just have the one just get rid of it manually . plus there to big for mandrines and wrasses

Sorry maybe I jumped the gun, what kind of corals do you have? I believe this kind of flatworm will eat softies but I will have to do a little more research. Any kind of treatment is often a scary propisition but it can be even scarier to loose your corals to some of the predators. Trust me I still have nightmares about the Zoa spiders I had.

Yes they are that bad and I already have Arachniphobia. I spent 4 hours with my Zoos a pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass to make sure I got them all!!!

reefreak29

i have mainly softies. zoos, kenya, paly, sun. i'm missing 2.1 mushrooms...
that sucks , i dont even know if exit will work on these type of flateworms but i dont think they reproduce like the more common ones either i still think u should try manually removing them

renogaw

just spent about 5 mins looking, and couldn't find any more.
i'll just keep an eye out. i take it he shouldn't go in the fuge?

reefreak29

just spent about 5 mins looking, and couldn't find any more.
i'll just keep an eye out. i take it he shouldn't go in the fuge?
dont flame me but i would flush it , also theres a good chance it was the only one in your tank

renogaw

Originally Posted by reefreak29
dont flame me but i would flush it , also theres a good chance it was the only one in your tank

oh boy, you asked me not to do it, but... i just had to!!!
:cheer:
already flushed. its getting late and i didn't want to stay up for an answer any more than i had. too bad, the darn thing was oddly beautiful

marinfire1

i think i have one of these in my tank the only problem is that it lives in a VERY cool piece of LR and i reallly dont want to break it up...any ideas on how to get it out without damaging my rock...theres not a way to grab it either...so anything i could dip the rock in> ive noticed my xenia getting eaten...help....

I hope this link works, *Link Removed*

Here is a quote from the site:
Polyclad flatworms are free-living marine PLATYHELMINTHES, an animal phylum which also includes tapeworms, liver-flukes and other internal parasites. They are not related to sea slugs or other molluscs. Although very thin and delicate, flatworms are active carnivores and scavengers, using their proboscis to feed on dead or injured animals and colonial animals such as bryozoans and soft-corals. The worms can quickly glide along the bottom by using the fine hairlike cilia which cover their body. When disturbed they can swim for a considerable period of time by throwing the sides of their body into undulating waves.