ID point to please

dad

I guess I am getting old. For the sake of me I cannot remember what these guys are nor can find the link to them, aaarrggg
I just bought 50lbs of cured marshall rock and the came with it.
They are small and look like starfish. About 1/2" with 6 legs.
They almost look like baby ch. chip stars.
Can anyone point me to a link or help me out?
I have about 50 of them and forgot if they are good or bad?
AGAIN old age is getting to me,

T

thomas712

Do you mean asterina starfish ? do a search on here and you should find some pics.
Thomas

S

spsaddict

dont worry we all have our moments. like was stated there are many pages of info here on them, however ill add some so you dont need to look, anyway, yes he hit it right asternia stars are what you have... there are thousands of species, most are okay, however like with anything in this hobby, there are thoes that are bad. these bad ones very seldom are seen in the hooby,, but every now and then a hobbiest will get one or 2... how do you know if ya got a bad one... well iding them with a pic is neer impossible, so i say watch your stuff.. these are more active at night...
i hope i helps somewhat
ime and imo they will be fine

dad

Hummmm, They look like a asterina starfishs but they have 6 legs that are the same size?
I tried to take some pics but I cannot get it down to size, aaaarrrggg.
Are they the same as asterina starfish?
I did a search but did not see the pic that I am looking for?

S

spsaddict

like i said there are so many so odds are yes. without a pic to see it can not say 100% that yes this is what you have, but i will say odds are 99.9% that it is a correct id without even needing anymore said...