ID this anemone

zik69

I purchased this anemone from SWF in June. I ordered a bubble tip anemone and this is what I got. The first two months it was really small and not having any experience with anemones before, I didn't think that I had a different kind. Then I started feeding it with silversides once a week and it started growing fast. It tripled in size and now I'm pretty sure that it's not a BTA, but I need to know what kind it is and how big will it get? I don't want to get rid of it, but if it's going to grow at this rate I won't have a choice. Thanks.
Attachment 212547
Attachment 212548

peachie98

Looks like my bta that I got from here as well. Mine didn't really "bubble" but stayed elongated like yours.
Mine also grew super fast but then split...so now I have 2. I've noticed now that it split that I see the tips bubbling a bit (one half more than the other).
I think bta's don't necessarily have to bubble...some never do.

zik69

Does it depend on lightning if they "bubble" or not? I have a 6x54 Nova Pro on a 72g bowfront and I thought the light was ok.

perfectdark

No there is no science, rhyme or reason why some will, do or dont bubble... I agree it looks like a BTA too.

peachie98

Ditto...definitely no rhyme or reason to bubbling. As I said, mine split...both of them are side by side, same depth and lighting, and one bubbles and one usually doesn't. Weird.