ID this coral

bioreefer

I been looking for this coral online for about 2 years now and no luck but if you can you get a Piece of it!!!! but you got to tell me where you found it online but pic isn't that good but its all I have!!!! Have fun Finding it

krishj39

another vote for cabbage leather. just about the hardiest coral out there. it will be fine in low light, needs no spot feeding and is very tolerant of off-balance water chemistry.

krishj39

Here is a picture stolen from the first website that had a picture of cabbage coral that looks similar to yours. You can email me at kristopherjhoffman@hotmailNOSPAM.com should you really want to know where I pulled the pic from. All I did was type "cabbage coral" into google images to find this pic.

nm reef

I'd agree that it looks like a cabbage leather also. Very common coral that is often suggested for newly established systems and for folks new to corals. We had it featured as a COTW recently. Try a search for COTW and you'll find some good info and pics. To save a bit of time below is a pic of one of mine.

bioreefer

the coral is a south african leather. I will ship a piece of this coral to you. it you can give me the same pic of it and scientific name for it. here what I found threw the years this coral is no LONGER in the ocean due to a storm is south africa wiped it out. so I wish I had a better pic of it. cabbage leather is not it!!!!!!!!! I offer a piece of this coral to the person who can help me with is.