Id This Creature!

alex4286

so i was drunk one night and decided to look at my tank (the lights were off). I noticed this creepy crawler on the glass and noticed i've never seen it before. i turned on the nights and tried to take some pictures, heres what i came up with:
Just woundering if anyones seen this before. no shell no hard spots (completely soft and feels like NOTHing) all u can see are two little eyes other then that and a few brown lines going down the top side it has no other characteristics, & moves pretty quickly!)

jtrzerocool

yes it is a flatworm but i disagree that they are harmless...they can multiply and if you get enough of them they can smother corals. you will want to get it out of the tank...

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
yes it is a flatworm but i disagree that they are harmless...they can multiply and if you get enough of them they can smother corals. you will want to get it out of the tank...
Actually, only the red flatworms multiply like that. The ones shown in the pictures are free-living, and live solitary lives. It will most likely just eat copepods and bristles or som other fauna.

alex4286

hmm ic
can this guy multiply by himself?
i do NOT want another preditor for pods in my tank though.. the fact that he eats bristles is pretty sweet but pods too.. :/ i was hoping it was an algea eater but realized no way in hell! he moved way too quickly and wasnt in the same spot for every long. not a grazer for sure