ID This Hitchhiker Please

damselz

i found this in my tank when looking under a rock. and then realized. they were everywhere. what is it?

nick76

holy crap I just found one of those on my LR today and I was about to go take a picture n ask myself, O Well as long as their not a problem. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

saltn00b

actually that looks like hydroids.
nuisance jellyfish egg sacks, they pop out, sting stuff and die, noe before making new egg sacks. my brother has them all over his tank.
do you see small transparent floating jellys ?

jake21ld

they are common in tanks that have higher levels of nutrients...they are harmless and will disappear as nutrients become stable

whackamole

i have them in places but i dont have those transparent jelly fishes. ( i think that guy is crazy) lol jk he prob had a sad experience and it scared him for life.
again just kidding. lol
but there are two diffrent post here, are those things good or bad sighn or dont mean much other then there there

werejo

I´m From Mexico, I Hope You Understand Me, Because My English It´s Not That Good, My Emperor Broke One Of Those Q Tips, I Found Under The Sponge A Small Polips, Looks Like He Uses The Sponge To Get His Food, Because Stills Growing The Broke Sponge, Making A Q Tip Again, I Got More Than A Year With Q Tips On Tank Without Problems

nattybug33

It's a Grantia Sponge, don't worry I have some too. But if you break it off and it falls apart, you'll have a million more.

poniegirl

Originally Posted by jake21ld
they are common in tanks that have higher levels of nutrients...they are harmless and will disappear as nutrients become stable