ID this shark

triggeraa

Member Mattiej got the same shipment and is also not sure of the species. He thinks it might be a color varient of a member of the catshark family. What ever it is no one has seen them look like this before. Very nice yellow and bright markings. I many hours of research I have yet to match up a picture to these guys. I think I will order some more.:)

ophiura

Well it certainly looks more yellow in that top photo than the others. That is unusual and pretty cool. I hadn't noticed how yellow it was.

triggeraa

The main indicators that make this shark not a zebra are: the tail length and shape as well as the fact that zebras are born 10"-12" TL. The ones I received are only about 5"-6".

ophiura

Yeah, definitely clear it wasn't a zebra...their tail fin is awesome! And the whole front end is just a bit different in build. But zats just a cute lit-tle sharky!! Yes it is (sorry, talking to the zebra shark immediately above)

triggeraa

That cute little shark above was born at the San Diego Seaworld not long ago. Very cool. Thanks for all the help. Very much appreciated.

ophiura

Dang it....still in the frame.
Zeres that cutsie lit-tle sharky again. Whose a good sharky? WHOSE a good sharky???
You should have seen me with a dozen or so newly hatched bamboos at any given time. LOL. They were adorable until they bit me a few times. I believe several mothers have that complaint though in a kind of different context.

djmd04

You said your supplier has many of them? He doesnt Know what he is supplying you with????
AND CAN I BUY ONE!?

jr2857

how much was it. was is cheap or expensive. i know this thread is old but that is an awesome shark and i want one!!!!!!