Idea for a 55 w/29 fuge

suver569

I'm toying with the idea of moving my 55 gallon tank to another part of my house, and setting up my 29 gallon as a fuge next to it. The 55 is drilled for a 1 1/4" drain, and a 1" return, the 29 is not drilled.
The bottom of the tanks will be at the same height, but the 29 is about 6" shorter than the 55.
My initial thought was a Durso in the 55, draining into the 29 by means of gravity. That will hopefully help with saving pods that get sucked into the 29. I'd more than likely plumb a spraybar attached to the top/back of the 29.
Now the return is a different story, this is where I dont have much experience. I have a simple fuge setup now on my 55, under the tank, gravity drain to the fuge, a square overflow made from plexiglass in the corner, which houses a Mag5, and, pumps it straight up about 4' to the 1" return in the 55, which has a simple flexible spraybar on it now.
I'd like to still use the 1" return in the 55, with the spraybar. Should I just build a corner drain in the 29, similar to the one in the 10G fuge I have now, or is there another suggestion that anyone has? I have the ability to drill the 29 if needed.
Thanks for any info.

A

andretti

That's what I would do (corner drain):D Personally, I don't like drilling tanks because that's just one more leak that could happen or have something fail along those lines. IMO