idea??

gohome

since my fish will eat macroalgae. and i dont have a refigium but i want them to eat my nitrates. can i put macroalgae in a little basket in the back of the tank where they can get light without fish bothering them?>?

gohome

will a sixline wrasse and a yellow tailed damsel eat macroalgae???/? beacause they are the only fish that might make it through the basket.

jafrench

A sixline wrasse is a carnivore, so he won't it- The yellowtail is an omnivore, so he might. Not sure if damsels eat algae or not. Anyone?

mikeyjer

No the damsel won't eat the algae, but it might eat the pods that comes off of it though. :happyfish

1journeyman

Originally Posted by gohome
since my fish will eat macroalgae. and i dont have a refigium but i want them to eat my nitrates. can i put macroalgae in a little basket in the back of the tank where they can get light without fish bothering them?>?
Great plan.

rygoodm6

hmm..strange i have seen my damsel eat alge in my tank many times....maybe i just got a weird one...but i would just keep an eye on him

dogstar

My BG Chromis/damsels and one of my two six lines eats nori but I dont know if they would eay live macros.