Ideas for 30 gallon?

firefish9

I need some ideas for my 30 gallon peacefull reef. I plan on having a yellow clown goby. I would like to have some small interesting fish,that are pretty colorfull.

triga22

Theres alot...
Yellow Watchman
Six Line Wrasse
Clowns
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Jawfish
And plenty of inverts, rock, corals.. Be creative and im sure your tank will come out looking great.

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Theres alot...
Yellow Watchman
Six Line Wrasse
Clowns
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Jawfish
And plenty of inverts, rock, corals.. Be creative and im sure your tank will come out looking great.
some flame angels cam be a little aggresive also some are not reef safe as some are

triga22

Yes. Thats true sorry I put that there. I herd they eat corals.. OOPS Ohh well I gotta remember that

firefish9

I was thinking :thinking:
Yellow clown goby
Yellow watchman
Bicolor angel
purple firefish
And some type of clown,not perculas though.

bbb

Don't quote me on this but I think the bicolor angel might get to big. Not 100% sure though.

Personally I like my blenny over my yellow watchman. I don't really ever see my yellow watchman anymore except sometimes in the morning when the lights first come on. If you do decide to get a yellow watchman get a pistol shrimp too. Fun to watch if they ever come out. At first our blenny didn't come out alot but you could usually see it's head. Now it comes out quite often and has great personality.

If you're looking for a colorful fish you might want to look at some of the smaller fairy or flasher wrasses.

bill109

Originally Posted by BBB
Don't quote me on this but I think the bicolor angel might get to big. Not 100% sure though.

Personally I like my blenny over my yellow watchman. I don't really ever see my yellow watchman anymore except sometimes in the morning when the lights first come on. If you do decide to get a yellow watchman get a pistol shrimp too. Fun to watch if they ever come out. At first our blenny didn't come out alot but you could usually see it's head. Now it comes out quite often and has great personality.

If you're looking for a colorful fish you might want to look at some of the smaller fairy or flasher wrasses.
bicolors get up to 6 inches so keep that in mind and make sure you tank has beenn set up for a long time before you buy one or you MAy loose it (get someone elses opinon as well) but unless its a 30 lon gi woulndt get it but if you indeed do make SURE IT IS FROM FIJI NO WHERE ELS cus i heard the ones from the phillipeans are caught by chemical where the chemicals go into the rock and they catch the fish when they are almost floating.
Dont quote me but find out some other persons oppinons as well..
how about
clown
2 firefish
flame hawkfish? they can be agressive
or purple pseudochromis
or lastly royal gramma

drewissett

Alright,
I have to say that My sixline wrasse is the coolest fish
in my tank, it has soooo much personality and gets rid of
parasites and flatworms at the same time!
My choice hands down!!

teen

ive got a 30 gallon reef and so far ive got a
-sixline wrasse
-gold stripe maroon clown
im planning on adding a yellow watchman goby in the near future and maybe 1 other fish. i would stay away from the purple pseudochromis because the 1 i have right now is living in my sump because as soon as i add him to the tank, he beats up every fish. hes a little too aggressive for a tank this size i think.

tylerman

I have a 29gal FOWLR which I am soon adding some corals to. It has 1 clarks clown, 1 cherub angelfish which is reef safe with most corals, 1 blue damsel most peaceful fish in there, and 1 bicolor blennie. Cherub angels I like because they are mostly reef safe and they only get around 3inches.

sweetdawn

in my 29 gallon i have a pink skunk clownfish a bangia cardinal and seahorses. also clams and pulsing xenias and lots of cleanup crew. seahorses are so fun to watch they kinda dance back and forth in the tank