ideas for a 300g tank

puffer9006

im buying a 300g tank and wants some ideas. its fowlr. i want to get a white spotted bamboo shark. what other fish should i get.

jambo

These are just a few ideas from a relative newb, but I think it would be awesome to see any (not all) of the following:
Red Snapper
Formosa Wrasse
Red Coris Wrasse
Panther Grouper that's actually grown out
Maybe a Teira batfish if you're feeling lucky
Any of the big Tangs (esp. like the Vlamingi and Unicorn)
One Sweet looking butterfly
Miniatus Grouper
Clown Sweetlips
Huge Volitans/Antennata/Radiata Lionfish
Full Size Angel (Imperator is my fav.)
Maybe one Mean Clownfish like a tomato or GSM.
Anyway, this might give you a few things to look at. I don't think they'll all work with each other so you might have to take a good long look at compatability.
One of my LFS has a tank that probably runs about 8-900 gallons with a smaller shark, a miniatus grouper, a vlamingi tang, and a unicorn tang. They all seem to get along swimingly (pun intended) and they all look amazing.
Also, be sure to look at psucor's 300 gallon aggressive to get an idea of the scale of some of these fish relative to a shark.
Later,
JAM

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by JAMBO
These are just a few ideas from a relative newb, but I think it would be awesome to see any (not all) of the following:
Red Snapper
Formosa Wrasse
Red Coris Wrasse
Panther Grouper that's actually grown out
Maybe a Teira batfish if you're feeling lucky
Any of the big Tangs (esp. like the Vlamingi and Unicorn)
One Sweet looking butterfly
Miniatus Grouper
Clown Sweetlips
Huge Volitans/Antennata/Radiata Lionfish
Full Size Angel (Imperator is my fav.)
Maybe one Mean Clownfish like a tomato or GSM.
Anyway, this might give you a few things to look at. I don't think they'll all work with each other so you might have to take a good long look at compatability.
One of my LFS has a tank that probably runs about 8-900 gallons with a smaller shark, a miniatus grouper, a vlamingi tang, and a unicorn tang. They all seem to get along swimingly (pun intended) and they all look amazing.
Also, be sure to look at psucor's 300 gallon aggressive to get an idea of the scale of some of these fish relative to a shark.
Later,
JAM
definetely not the imperator, the wrasses may pick at the eyes of the shark, i wouldnt try it after i heard what a wrasse did to drewstas stingray....