Ideas for how to hang a pendant above a tank w/o ceiling needed...

rotarymagic

I need to hang my MH pendant above my tank, but I can't use the ceiling.. any suggestions??
It has to look decent too.

cveverly

I really struggled with this myself. Some people suggested building a gantry. Others used a pair of L-shaped poles (conduit) that bolted to the back of the stand. Some used brackets bolted to the wall. I built a wood frame that spanned the width of the tank and just wide enough to support the light. Painted it black on the outside to match the light. The frame is about 3" tall.

stanlalee

Got one word for you: POLES! (basically what cveverly said but with pics) Mount them to your cabinet. fairly common among the fancy rimless crowd. so much so current usa borrowed the style for their Solana rimless pendent

spanko

Oh WOW! I remember that build! Can't remember which site it was on though. Do you know if that tank is still up and running??

stanlalee

I pulled all the pics except the solana from that famous site that does this: -- when you post the initials but I have never seen that one running

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/2852422
I pulled all the pics except the solana from that famous site that does this: -- when you post the initials but I have never seen that one running
The Elos build in the 6th picture was awsome. That guys did some amazing work