Ideas for my spare tank.

zonut

I have a spare 1500 gallon tank with center overflow and 4 returns with a 200 gallon sump with a skimmer with a 12x18 footprint. Insump of course. Any ideas what i should do?
Its to big for my afor mentioned juvenile leopard.
Maybe a school of fancy guppies and fantails. Also a few red tailed sharks for attitude.
Lots of plants too!!
what do you think?
or maybe some Oscars!!!

jacknjill

are you saying that you want to make it into a freshwater tank?
also, is it 1500 or 150? do you have any pics?

zonut

yeah irredescent sharks are nice, but what about a 1500 gallon rainbow tetra tank? pretty hawt if you ask me.

julius

You have a lot of options with all that room. Snakehead,arrowana,oscars,piharanas, but a saltwater tank would be better, Sharks,eels,ect.

flatzboy

Originally posted by zonut
I have a spare 1500 gallon tank with center overflow and 4 returns with a 200 gallon sump with a skimmer with a 12x18 footprint. Insump of course. Any ideas what i should do?
Its to big for my afor mentioned juvenile leopard.
Maybe a school of fancy guppies and fantails. Also a few red tailed sharks for attitude.
Lots of plants too!!
what do you think?
or maybe some Oscars!!!

If you make it into a freshwater tank your skimmer will be no good because freshwater can't produce small enough bubbles to operate a skimmer. I say make it saltwater.

zonut

you are incorrect, my skimmer can make bubbles at temps below 50 degrees and in almost pure freshwater. Hah thats what you get for relying on outdated cyclonic skimming methods.
CLOWN LOACHES IT IS!

zonut

yes but i am not a big fan of aggresive fish. Since there is no pineapple swordtail board I am stuck here :confused:

jacknjill

i would go saltwater in a heart beat. there is so much stuff you could do with it. endless possibilities. think about it

fishy411

CLOWN LOACHES RULE!!! Also I think it would be cool to get some big Pl*co. Oscars are great too. I think that the absolute coolest thing possible in that tank would be a group of Black ghost knife fish if u don't get oscars.

fishy411

Originally posted by JacknJill
i would go saltwater in a heart beat. there is so much stuff you could do with it. endless possibilities. think about it

u can do anything with a fw tank too and the livestock is about half as expensive. Also u can get fw sharks and brackish eels.

liontamer

I think this guys just being a troll if u havent figured that out yet. He wouldnt just have a spare 1500 gallon tank laying around, that just doesnt happen. And seriously, a 1500 gallon guppy tank? Either hes pulling our legs with the guppies, but i know for a fact a 1500 gallon tank just doesnt go into storage in yer house. You dont keep sumthing that large "around".