Ideas for something tacky for a reef.

jarvis

Originally posted by DVS
I could send you the four year old little brat Im babysitting right now, lol.

I will take him. 4 is a little young for child slave labor, but I will be able to train him to wash dishes, cut grass, do laundry, wash windows, and vaccume. I could even get him maintain my reef by the time he is 10. I think it will take a little while, but if worse comes to worse I can always sell him on the black market.
:)
I did find an action figure to coat in star polps. Once he is done I will make eyes and a mouth out of blosumussas. Yep way to much time on my hands. I still need to wait for my lights to come in for my 20 gal. I dont really want to chance anything leaching off from it in my main tank. The pink flamingo is a great idea. The exercise in poor taste at its finest. Ah got me thinking about the John Waters movie I watched many years ago. It is by far the worst movie ever made. I recommed no one watch this movie for the fear of being scared for life. It really is that sick and twisted.

broncofish

Originally posted by mebigloser
You want something really bad, just throw some aluminum pop and beer cans, and other junk..Then it will look the way people really treat our waters.

I've actually seen a tank like that, there is a picture of it hanging up at the local *****.

hairtrigger

Hey DVS, I like your little icon thingie mahoozit under your name. Good stuff. Good stuff. :cool: Are you perchance Italian like myself? If so, do you live anywhere near Atlanta, GA? Like in the Eastern part of the country??? :D :D :D

You could always float some of those fake glass fish attached to the glass bubbles. Those are sort of tacky.
LOLOL
I have a plastic pufferfish with fins that move floating in my seahorse tank..LOLOL I did it as a joke for my hubby. who told me I was spending too much $$ on .. So I went to my sisters and out in in a ziploc bag with water and brought it home like I BOUGHT another fish!! Then popped it in the tank!!
Kim

hairtrigger

Fishkiller was telling me about this little mini remote controlled submarine that is about 3 inches long. It's about a hundred bucks. But in a huge tank like mine it would be endless fun. I may get one. I don't think it's tacky, just cool. I may never leave my tank room then. Having trouble with a testy fish? TORPEDO HIM. :D Then go find Nemo yourself. :D

dvs

Hey Trigger.
100% Italian. Im from Boston but somehow I wound up here (Louisville... about 8 hrs away from you I guess.) I know you guys have the closest IHOP!, lmao. Oh yah, I got my mafia buddy at ballericons.com
They got a lot of goofy things there.
Ciao!
Jen

N

newreefers

how about a plastic battle ship you could make your own man made reef in the tank. It would look like the natural ocean.

dmill15

I put an old glass coca cola bottle in mine and when it gets covered in coraline i'm gonna put some of my shrooms on it I think.

timo

Originally posted by tlk
what about those wind-up fish used for swimming pools?

LOL
As my encrusting gorgonian is surely taking over one of my biggest rocks (since this I've more carefully thought out coral placement) I thought that a fake branching coral given to me (that sits on a shelf to give my room that oh-so-reef look) would make a nice piece if I attached frags of the gorgonian to it and eventually make it "real".
And I wouldn't be sure that any polyp would ever open if constantly bobbing in the water piggyback on a scuba-man deco. But I sure did have all that stuff as a kid in FW-loved 'em!:p

angelofish

How about trying to grow algae or green stars on the head of an old troll doll. Cut the original hair off of course

plhsurfer

Originally posted by KimKissyFish
PLAY SET... WHERE???? I want ONE!
I have these guys though!!

These are the ones that I purchased.... walmart :)
****DISCLAIMER****
I DO NOT SUGGEST THAT YOU PUT THE YELLOW TANG IN ANY TANK LESS THAN 50 GALLONS

plhsurfer

Here is another.. just couldn't attach more than one pic to a post..
***SAME GOES FOR THE SHARKS AND BLUE TANG****
***AND YOU BETTER HAVE GOOD LIGHT FOR THE CORAL***

derrikd

at the shedd here in chicago.. they have a FW tank set up.. full of garbage. like pop, beer cans, shoes, tires..any thing that most people do not want any more.