Ideas on getting my Blue Gudgeons to eat.

angler man

Hi, I purchased 3 Blue Gudgeons for my wife for Christmas as she loves these. I know they have to be fed three times a day, but I can't get them to come out to feed. I have had them for four days now and it's making me crazy.
So far I have fed fresh shrimp and scallop mix, mysis shrimp and a seafood medley that consists of a fine blend of clam/scallop/shrimp/squid. I was told by one of the workers at the store to use phytoplankton but that doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't that be way too small?
I have been feeding small amounts of food 3-4 times a day and have cleaned my filter sock so I don't build up a bunch of organic matter polluting the tank.
In the front of the tank there is a small cave that they have created. If I put a light into it I see at least two of the three. They are still alive and moving but are staying in their cavern.
I have no other fish in the tank to bully or bother them.
I also ran water tests just to make sure something isn't bothering them and everything looked perfect, SG-1025, temp-79, Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate/Phos=0.
Any ideas on what to try to feed? Thanks in advance!

chrisnif

I know very little about these fish, and my wife likes them as well, so hopefully you can teach me some about how they behave etc. :) But, as far as your feeding problem, I'd probably say to try giving them a little while with the light off (like a day or so) to relax and whatnot, i've heard that's always a good idea.