If I wanted to trade my 180 reef system for a salona Bio cube is that aloud here?

I currently have a 180 gallon reef system and just had surgery on my back just cant handle the maintenance that it requires. So I am willing to take the loss for the right system. I live in SWFL Naples. I am posting pics and if you are interested in trading PM me at barrygeller@yahoo.com

B

billgray22

you'll get creamed on a trade in or sale. I've sold used equipment for 20 years. You cannot sell on E Bay, around here it costs $400/hour to have a tank moved, the buyer would have to foot that bill. Expect to get 10% of original value on your system if you're lucky. It's probably cheaper for someone to just buy a used set up from a fish store. You'll probably end up donating the fish to some fish store, if they will even accept them. Willing to take a loss? There is no way you will come close to break even on it. Just the cost of 55 gallon plastic drums will set you back a fortune. You can't help move it with your injury. I've just given mine away in the past, moving out of state.
Good luck though. Maybe you can find a friend willing to take it of your hands, if you provide free advice on how to maintain it.

chrisnif

Just from my experience you may want to try a local reef club, but you will take a loss. As an example, I got a 55 gallon AGA for $20 and 2 175 watt metal halide ballasts for $5 each, and the guy threw in a 33 long for me to use as a sump, but it wont fit in my stand so I've gotta figure out do i want to sell it or do I want to try to trade it for a 29 or 20H for my sump, but i doubt that ill get that in trade. I fellow on my reef club has a 180 with black stand and canopy, never had water in it, with sump, skimmer, 3x MH + 4x T5HO lighting, basically turn key system add salt and water, he's asking 750 and speaking with him he'll take 500. Its sad how little our pride's and joy's are worth second hand.

This is why I said it would be a great deal for someone who wants to trade up. I am willing to take the loss I just can not take care of the big tank anymore. I just had surgery and my back just cannot handle it. Thus the reason for the smaller tank. If any of you know of someone that wants a great deal I am here. I priced out a solona bio cube and it sells for about 600 bucks you can't even buy the tank for that price. At any rate it is a great deal. This complete soup to nuts with MH and VHO and a chiller plus much much more. I any of you local guys know of anyone point them this way please. I am not really in a rush just trying to simplify my life a little.

A

ali19

Hi, I live in Bradenton. I think your tank is great and would love to trade my 65 gal but i dont think it would help as it would still be as high to reach. I have two identical tanks that i no longer need. Its no bio cube but i know a great shop here in Bradenton too, I'm very friendly with the staff and i could speak to them to see if they could help with something.
Best of luck, Ali

Originally Posted by ali19
http:///forum/post/3179737
Hi, I live in Bradenton. I think your tank is great and would love to trade my 65 gal but i dont think it would help as it would still be as high to reach. I have two identical tanks that i no longer need. Its no bio cube but i know a great shop here in Bradenton too, I'm very friendly with the staff and i could speak to them to see if they could help with something.
Best of luck, Ali
If you can get a bio system or a solona system then let me know I am willing to do this.

http:///forum/post/3179737
Best of luck, Ali

im moving close to there. is there any reef clubs online there?

A

ali19

I don't know of any online but our LFS is one of the best in the state, the guys there really know what they are doing and nothing is too much for them. You will really enjoy spending time with them and any questions you have will be answered!

A

ali19

I have spoken to the guys in the store and he said that he has what your looking for and he would like to help but as its only him and his wife they are flat out and he won't be able to come pick up your tank or deliver a new one for a while. He said they have been so busy with new setups and other things and he just can't find the time right now to drive down. He also said if there was another way he would love to help.
Ali

http:///forum/post/3182265
I have spoken to the guys in the store and he said that he has what your looking for and he would like to help but as its only him and his wife they are flat out and he won't be able to come pick up your tank or deliver a new one for a while. He said they have been so busy with new setups and other things and he just can't find the time right now to drive down. He also said if there was another way he would love to help.
Ali
Thanks Ali
I found someone that is coming from Orlando to do the trade and is bringing a brand New Solana 34 gallon with HQI MH lighting so the deal is done. Thank you for asking for me.

A

ali19

Ok great well at least you got a great setup out of your deal and i hope it works out well for you! If you are ever up in this area don't forget to check out marine dreams. These guys will do anything for you!
Ali