If there was only one..........

candycane

If there was only one of a certain coral, and you were an LPS fan - namely this coral being a crossbreed between a Lobophyllia Hemprichii and some sort of Mussimillia, but the kicker was it has been kept under 1000 watts of Metal Halides and still remained a constant shade of Lavender Purple for the last 6 years, any guesses what a 3"x3" frag would be worth?
I mean if you are pretty much guaranteed that it would be half of only one.

candycane

I have it and am thinking of selling half of it because it is getting rather large. Just a unique looking coral.............Best guess because of the area is a hybrid between the two corals mentioned above.

candycane

It looks kind of horrible right now because it's deflated. I went scraping the glass in front of it and it got all mad. The thing isn't aggressive at all and you can see the litte mouths all over it. It's almost like a solid structure acanlord. You can see the corallite structure towards the bottom polyps since it's all closed up. Anyone ever seen a lobo or anything even remotely close that looks like this?
I edited it to pull the pic.

candycane

I am asking $235 and that will include shipping with insurance coverage of the coral. I will cut the coral in half directly and work around the mouths (can't guarantee that I won't hit polyps, but should be able to avoid the mouths). If someone wants to wait till I can get pics of it all inflated, just email me. It does have some neon green slight patches on it, but most of them can be seen at the single 1/2 inch polyp right in the front. Once again the most likely cross of this coral is a Lobophyllia Hemprichii and a Mussimillia. To me it still looks like a large purple acanlord where the polyps are slightly larger though.
You can PM me or email me at cfrecf @ yahoo . com if you are interested.
Email me for pictures if you are interested.