If this happened to you what would you do

porkchop48

Say you bought some light. 48" PC fixture, supposedly used for only 3 months, work great, mounting legs, leds lights the whole nine yards.
And you recieved one that looks like it has been used for much longer than 3 months, no legs, busted light bulbs and the fans dont work, what would you do?

lexluethar

Contact the vendor and get a replacement, if it was from an online sale at SWF.com PM a mod. As for online purchases unless it is from a credible retailer that is the chance you play - you don't know exactly what you are going to get.
Always ask for posted picture - preferrably with dates on them. So that when you do get the items if they don't look like the pictures then you have a case against them.

porkchop48

I did buy it one here not from a vendor but off a person in the classifieds.
I doubt the guy will give me my money back he wont answers my pms.
I dont want and to whine and complain just curious what some one else would do.
I was told the missing legs was a mistake when he packed it and he would send them out but no legs and no reply as to when they got shipped out.
even offered to send him extra money for the shipping of the legs.
I so try to be nice to people when I sell stuff and so try to give people the benfit of the doubt but that really gets harder to do
Forgot to add the one end looked like it had been dropped. Just a little busted so did not think that was any big deal until I started noticing all the other stuff.
You think that might have been something that was including in the ad.

renogaw

how did you pay for it?
as stated, it may have gotten damaged during shipping, which you would have to file a claim with the shipping company

itom37

I'm guessing you paid by PayPal? Well if it's really not what you were expecting and you can't get in touch with the seller (try paypal email as well as PMs) to clear it up, I'd file a claim with PayPal. If you get ripped they have a conflict resolution process. I imagine it's a pain, but you'll either get in touch with the seller or get your money back, or both.

porkchop48

The bulbs I think broke during shipping and I had plans on getting new bilbs anyways so that was not really an issue. But when I messaged him to tell him they arrived and the bulbs broke ( only 2 of them) i told him it was not big deal since I was getting replacments anways. I even commented that I thought he did an awesome job packing it. I had asked him about the one end being busted and he commented that it did not seem to affect anything when he had the light so he did not think it was a big deal.
So the busted end was done before it was shipped.

lexluethar

Did you ever get pictures of this fixture before purchase? Did you ask about the condition of the unit? My guess is no - but if you did he lied about it and that is grounds for more action, if you didn't chalk it up to "guess i should have done that" and move on.

porkchop48

I asked for pics but could not view them on my computer but I was told and the ad states "Used for about 3-1/2 months but still is PERFECT working condition"
I probably will chalk it up as live and learn just wanted some other opinions

lexluethar

Originally Posted by porkchop48
http:///forum/post/2514326
I asked for pics but could not view them on my computer but I was told and the ad states "Used for about 3-1/2 months but still is PERFECT working condition"
I probably will chalk it up as live and learn just wanted some other opinions
PERFECT WORKING CONDITION - those are the key features. You said your self the damage won't cause the unit not to work. Always get pictures, i would wait a month for a sale if it was the difference between pictures or no pictures.
Although with the bulbs i would ask for replacements IF you were planning on using those. Broken bulbs do not equate to perfect working condition.

bronco300

always get pictures indeed....works fine, but is busted up....any problems should be listed like that, but pictures will always help...i'd at least have the file claimed for broken bulbs so you can get new ones without paying more out.
oops, didn't see that the fans weren't working...i'd want a refund then, or partial refund so you can buy new replacement fans and replace it.

socal57che

Originally Posted by porkchop48
http:///forum/post/2514268
Say you bought some light. 48" PC fixture, supposedly used for only 3 months, work great, mounting legs, leds lights the whole nine yards.
And you recieved one that looks like it has been used for much longer than 3 months, no legs, busted light bulbs and the fans dont work
, what would you do?

Originally Posted by LexLuethar

http:///forum/post/2514341
PERFECT WORKING CONDITION
- those are the key features. You said your self the damage won't cause the unit not to work. Always get pictures, i would wait a month for a sale if it was the difference between pictures or no pictures.
Although with the bulbs i would ask for replacements IF you were planning on using those. Broken bulbs do not equate to perfect working condition.
The two statements in bold seem to contradict one another. I'd file a claim, light a fire and throw a chunk under it.

porkchop48

I bought it I do believe about 3 weeks ago. Which I know is not a long time.
I did not pay a whole lot for it only $100 shipped. So i would like to ask atleast for a partial refund for the fans. They are corrroded ( I know I spelled that wrong) that did not happen in shipping.
do you think it is too much to ask for atleast part of the cost of replacing the fans?
I was incontact the day they arrived at my house with the seller. First about the broken bulbs ( not the issue gettign replaced any ways) but about the missing legs and was told he would ship them right out. Just heard back from him today. when I recieved it I did not know the fans did not work. i did not know the fans did not work till last night when I tried to put in on my tank.
So far all he had to say about the fans was that they worked when he had it. and I should file a clain to get my somemoney back for the bulbs. I was told the person who shipped it has to file a claim.
do you think sitting in my living room not running for a few weeks would cause the fans to not work?

bronco300

them being corroded doesn't really say much for them always working....if they worked when i shipped then it would have had to happen in shipping...which i guess could be done..guessing only thing to be done would be have him file a claim and have him refund you partially for it..but UPS may come to get the fixture to inspect it