If you care about fish.......

rslinger

If you care about fish next time you stop at your local Wal-Mart you will ask the pet department manager why they sell brackish water fish as freshwater. I am talking about the green spotted puffer. It was the fish of the month for the stores in May and all the stores in my area still have them. I went to the store in my home town and talked to the manager. She listened and then said "i wonder why they died so fast". She said customers who bought them were back in a couple weeks later saying that they died and she had now idea. She also said they sell alot of them because they are cool looking. she no longer carrys them now. Please inform others. Could you image what a huge chain like walmart has probably already sold of these. How many fish have died for there stupidity. i have seen them in three other stores in my area and the people wouldn't listen to me. Simply brushed me off and said wal-mart wouldn't be selling it if it wasn't ok. Yeah Right.

xdave

Although I am a fish lover, humans come first. I'm much more concerned about the plight of the illegal aliens they exploit, the loss of jobs for legal workers and the benefiets for all of us from the taxes they would pay. First things first.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Rslinger
If you care about fish next time you stop at your local Wal-Mart you will ask the pet department manager why they sell brackish water fish as freshwater. I am talking about the green spotted puffer. It was the fish of the month for the stores in May and all the stores in my area still have them. I went to the store in my home town and talked to the manager. She listened and then said "i wonder why they died so fast". She said customers who bought them were back in a couple weeks later saying that they died and she had now idea. She also said they sell alot of them because they are cool looking. she no longer carrys them now. Please inform others. Could you image what a huge chain like walmart has probably already sold of these. How many fish have died for there stupidity. i have seen them in three other stores in my area and the people wouldn't listen to me. Simply brushed me off and said wal-mart wouldn't be selling it if it wasn't ok. Yeah Right.
The Wallmart by me just "upgraded" their fish dept. The last I heard most of the fish are either floating or on their way out. A friend of mine actually pulled the manager aside and told him they had better do something about the water quality or she would be reporting them. Bottom line. Don't buy fish from a store where you can also buy tires and a gallon of milk!!!

lion_crazz

Like Dave said, I do not supprt anything that Wal-Mart stands for. Therefore, I do not give Wal-Mart any of my business. ***** and Wal-Mart are the two stores that I refuse to shop at.
I know it may not make a difference, but it is just one more person that refuses to even step foot in their stores, let alone put money in their pockets.

dut

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Like Dave said, I do not supprt anything that Wal-Mart stands for. Therefore, I do not give Wal-Mart any of my business. ***** and Wal-Mart are the two stores that I refuse to shop at.
I know it may not make a difference, but it is just one more person that refuses to even step foot in their stores, let alone put money in their pockets.
Your right that one person doesnt directly affect them. However, its still honorable that you do something instead of just complaining about it. Further more if everyone that thought badly of walmart didnt shop there it would force them to make changes.

That's too bad. The wal-mart here actually takes really good care of their tanks. When I had my freshwater tank I would only bye my fish from there because the tanks were so clean and the other store's(we only have one and then wal-mart) were absolutely filthy. Like most pet stores; I think depeds on who's looking after everything.

gnorman

i have a FW tank and acutally, the 2 fish i did get from walmart have been great, they have lived the longest out of all of my fish. kinda scarey buying fish from them tho.

alyssia

Originally Posted by lion_crazz

Exactly. I will not shop at any wal-mart, EVER, regardless of how conveinent or cheap it is.

hatessushi

thanks Lion, I just put Walmart on my black list. Thanks to people like you, tell a few people and the word spreads. the next thing you know nobody will be shopping there and the Walton family will have to get jobs like everyone else and give up their lavish lifestlye and go to K-Mart, or do they sell fish also?
We should start a website that posts all the bad stores that people should not support. That way we could fix a lot of things.

swlover

Originally Posted by HatesSushi
thanks Lion, I just put Walmart on my black list. Thanks to people like you, tell a few people and the word spreads. the next thing you know nobody will be shopping there and the Walton family will have to get jobs like everyone else and give up their lavish lifestlye and go to K-Mart, or do they sell fish also?
We should start a website that posts all the bad stores that people should not support. That way we could fix a lot of things.
Hey hey hey...watch the Walton family name JK....that is my name! LOL..The cashiers always ask me if I'm related... I do not do my shopping there any more..we have a better cheaper store now..
Go in for a pack of gum..spend about $100.00 for stuff you don't even need...thats why i don't go there any more..now I have two reasons!

bobwire

Originally Posted by xDave
Although I am a fish lover, humans come first. I'm much more concerned about the plight of the illegal aliens they exploit, the loss of jobs for legal workers and the benefiets for all of us from the taxes they would pay. First things first.

XDAVE, this is the "saltwaterfish.com" message board. Not the "IgetpissedwhenIdifferpoliticallyfromaGOP.com" message board. Get over it. We talk about fish in this board, not Bush and illegals. thanks!