If you could start over...

pbuck

I am getting ready to do the plumbing in my new 72 gallon bowfront. I have been wondering what method of circulation would be the BEST. I have thought about SeaSwirls, Tunze, Wavemakers, Flex Tubing, Ocean Currents, Powerheads, and everything else. I would like to have one main pump that does most of the circulation, and I would like to stay away from powerheads and wavamakers. I really want to do it right the first time and not regret any part of this tank. So, I am looking for what everyone else would do differently if they could.

shep

I went indepth into this also...I run a total 3/4 " system with one across the back capped and 1/4" holes, and one angle at each side. Aside from this I plumbed in a drain just incase. It has 3 inputs and one drain and six valves. You can adjuct everything to what you want. Also I have 1200 gph pushing this. Keep that in mind. The more exotic you get in plumbing the more waterflow you cut down.

pbuck

I am thinking that I will get 1 or 2 Seaswirls for either a closed loop or for a return from the sump. I wanted a Turbelle Stream from Tunze but I think it will have too much water flow. Do any of you have a Tunze System?

krux

i would do a closed loop, i would have all my rocks off of the bottom on pvc in the same manner that steveweast has his (no garbage builds up underneath) and i would incorporate this 5 gallon bucket and toilet float surge machine into my canopy.