If you had a 300 gallon tank and money was no object

stacyt

A good freind of mine told me this evening that he is tearing down his reef, and going aggressive. Money to him is nothing, and he wants an exotic aggressive tank. We talked about a hawaiin dragon eel, and possibly a queen, or titan trigger. I'll also suggest the grouper that ryebread has taken a pic of. The tank is a 300 gallon, about 3500 GPH turn over, and the filtration we have yet to decide upon. Right now he is running a sump wet/dry system, chiller, and skimmer. What would you stock if you had this tank, and money was no object?

That sounds good with the grouper and the dragon moray i would also add a rare angel. The trigger i dont think would be good because the titan and the queen can be good tank mates or killer and i dont think u wanna take a chance on getting a bad one with a thousand dollar eel in the tank. I would add a couple more big fish maybe a ultra golden puffer and this angler.

Im not sure how these would go with the angler but i think that angler is one of the nicest fish ive ever seen. But look at this talking about a showpuiece fish this with a dragon eel and that grouper alone would be amazing site to see. Have fun thats a great project with unlimited funds.

knight_reefer

First of all, there is no way the triggers will mess with your eel, and second thing if money was no object I would go for a queen, titan(Northern_reefer has one for sale!) and a lunula trigger! they are really cool!! spendy though

Correct me if im wrong but your saying that an adult titan trigger will not mess with a dragon moray eel. Were not talking the same size fish a eel gets not in the same range size as the titan. Were talking an adult titan a trigger that is known to attack divers. Im not saying it will happen you could get lucky but you put it as there is no possibility.hmmm i dunno about that.

dfishh

exactly how big do titans get, and wat kind of angler is that, its really cool?
Also i think u should get a maine betta, cuz there realy cool groupers and would do well in a tank like that if it was really big.
i think their awsum

von_rahvin

mated pair of the dragons and a bumble bee (Lanceolatus) grouper. those guys are one of the best looking groupers i have ever seen. only other thing would be a big angel. and maybe a unicorn tang. (don't know much on the tangs, but they do look cool)

amie86

personally i like the puffers. i think they are really great and have great personalities. you really get attached to them after awhile. id go for the mapuffer they are beautiful. but ive never seen one for sale. perhaps they are rare?

i have seen to mapuffers for sale before both very big . In like the 12" to 15" range and fat to lol. They are very beautiful and expensive they were like 300 for one and the other was like 600 to different lfs.

heyoo

I saw a LARGE titan trigger at an LFS. It was in a 300g tank, and it looked cramped. I'm all for large aggressive fish - but within reason. I'd leave those for the ocean or the people with REALLY big tanks.

Luckily dragon eels aren't too expensive anymore, around $400- $600. That puffer is real nice, my uncle has one of those golden's in his 220 and its great.