If you have thyroid disease.....

cranberry

Go get your Vitamin D panel drawn. ESPECIALLY if you are not being followed by an endocrinologist, but are being managed by your GP. Calcium levels are often clustered with thyoid panels, but many are not following vitamin D levels and this is where the problem really lies.

mrdc

I believe a lot of vit D problems are being found more lately and I believe it's the way I society is going. You need to get in the sunlight but we are sitting are asses more and more at work and then at home with video games and such. Obesity is another side effect of us sitting around and the modifications that are being made to our foods to make them taste better. Last time I went to my daughters event at her school, I was looking at all her friends and I could easily say that 80% or more were overweight. I can look back at my highschool pics and it was nothing like that. Anyway, I know you were saying something about vit d for thyroid but I see a deeper issue. Ok, I just crushed my soap box so I am done.

deejeff442

+1 we take our firetruck to homecoming parades and yes alot of overweight kids maybe not 80% but way too many.
not a good way to start a life long health habit