If you want to be fired might as well make a statement

reefraff

Nothing like pushing the limit LOL!
http://now.msn.com/cint-pierce-firefighter-fired-for-obama-toilet-paper

reefraff

I just wonder how hard the union will fight for him. He had 2 previous warnings. Seems to me this guy intended to get fired and decided to go out in a blaze of glory.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
And over what exactly? To make some ridiculous statement. Now he has no income. Hopefully, he's own his own and doesn't have a family that relies on his support.
In my view, only someone with some sort of problem would do something like that, especially after he'd been warned. What was it for? To get one over on Obama supporters among his fellow workers? Who knows. Hope he feels it was worth it.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/393754/if-you-want-to-be-fired-might-as-well-make-a-statement#post_3503521
And over what exactly? To make some ridiculous statement. Now he has no income. Hopefully, he's own his own and doesn't have a family that relies on his support.
In my view, only someone with some sort of problem would do something like that, especially after he'd been warned. What was it for? To get one over on Obama supporters among his fellow workers? Who knows. Hope he feels it was worth it.
I dont think anyone would be dumb enough to believe they could get away with that when they've been warned twice already for the same (I assume) infraction. It's basically like walking in telling the boss to KMA in front of other employees, which I've seen done a couple times LOL!

scarecrow

Wow I don't evan know what to say, Firemen in my opinion are people without judgement although I realize that not all are equal but to have thrown19 years away for such a ridicules thing is a real shame

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This guy was a fireman, which means his employment opportunities as a fireman was crushed with his antics. Not only will he not be getting another job as a fireman wherever he lives, but chances are he won't get a fireman job anywhere else. Fireman jobs are city or county jobs, which means that references would be required no matter where he goes in the country.
Maybe he plans to start working for himself where he can decorate is business however he wants.
I think this guy's problem is bigger than telling the boss kma. Sounds like he lives his life through his own political opinions which is getting the better of him to say the least.

scarecrow

Beth I agree maybe being on such a stressful job has gotten the better of this man and his issues need to be addressed in a Dr's office!, in stead of the firehouse bathroom!!!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Odd to say that firemen are wo judgment? The nature of their jobs would require a great deal of judgment, IMO. This individual, however, may need a therapist and therefore is not a good candidate for a job that can require a level head and snap lifesaving decisions.

reefraff

It could be someone who thinks freedom of speech is an absolute right with no restrictions. It's kind of like the occupy dolts thinking their right to assemble means they can take over parks or whatever. Some people just don't get it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Your rights in the workplace is dictated by your employer, not you. You have the right not to work there. When you are actually working and living with others 24/7, as a fireman does, then you need to consider the rights of everyone and not just yourself. Anyway, that is just common sense.
Even if you hate Obama with a passion, the toilet paper thing was just crude and vulgar. Now if the guy what just using this as his personal stash of toilet paper, then whatever. But, I'm sure he put it in the bathroom that all the other firemen were using. Ha, Ha. The joke is on him.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/393754/if-you-want-to-be-fired-might-as-well-make-a-statement#post_3503599
Your rights in the workplace is dictated by your employer, not you. You have the right not to work there. When you are actually working and living with others 24/7, as a fireman does, then you need to consider the rights of everyone and not just yourself. Anyway, that is just common sense.
Even if you hate Obama with a passion, the toilet paper thing was just crude and vulgar. Now if the guy what just using this as his personal stash of toilet paper, then whatever. But, I'm sure he put it in the bathroom that all the other firemen were using. Ha, Ha. The joke is on him.
That should have read "It could be" Not "I could be" LOL!
Make no mistake I think the guy deserved to get fired whatever his motivation was. I just think it was a last great act of defiance kind of thing.
People need to be more creative in their political discourse. A friend of mine here had F _ _ _ BUSH! as his WiFi name, his cell phone banner and even had a T shirt. It just makes you shake your head. I don't like 0bama but there are limits.