IFS in Lexington Ky. area?

angelgirl

I am new to the area and am wondering if anyone knows of a good IFS, the ones I have visted have scared me to death so far. I will post my e-mail if anyone can help.
thanks
Angelgirl
save@peoplepc.com
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

saltfish4me

angelgirl
first off welcome to Lexington you will love it here. I wish I could answer your question but the answer to my knowledge is their are none. I have also looked at several local fish store as I'm am fairly new to the area myself, and I have had the same experiences as you dead or sick fish everywhere. I just last week damn near got in to a shouting match with a LFS because he said that five yellow tangs in a 20 was fine even though one was dead and the other four were just beating the crap out of each other. :mad: If I do find a good one I will let you know. If you find one please do the same I would be very greatful. Also there is a guy on this board,Craig, he has lived here longer he may be able to help.
Sorry couldn't be more of assistance.
Justin

angelgirl

Thanks for the response Justin, even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. The stores that I have found so far are a disgrace, I have a feeling that this is why this hobby has such a bad reputation, I am sure that if you were to buy a fish from one of them that they would surely die and probably infect your whole tank with something also. My finance's nephew knows of one that is on Richmond Road by Hooter's that is just starting to stock saltwater, he says it is really good but I don't know the name yet, I haven't been there yet but I will let you know as soon as I do.
Have Fun
Angelgirl
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

saltfish4me

angelgirl
The only one on Richmond that I know of is Incred'pets it is real close to Hooters. That is the store where my yellow tank store came from. It is basically a dog food store with freshwater fish. They only have a very small selection of saltfish and asided from one black voltian lion I saw NO healthy looking fish. I saw a dead niger, clown, ,and undulated triggers in three tanks right in a row. All those fish are considered hardy. I haven't been there since that first visit so it is possible they have improved.I hope so.
Justin

wally

The company I work for has its HQ in Lexington. Everytime I go there (or anywhere)I look for good fish stores and never find any. There are some good ones in the Cinci area if you don't mind a little drive.
BTW Eat at Fazoli's and tell them Wally from Erie PA sent you :)