I'm a grandmutter!

wrassecal

My purebread sweetie miniature schnauzer had puppies today:joy: She's four years old and we wanted to breed her so she wasn't fix. In case you need to know blue heelers can dig under any fence known to mankind. I found the guy laying on my couch one morning, I'm surprised he wasn't kicked back having a smoke. So, I am now the grandmutter of rare and exotic schneeler puppies.

lovethesea

very cute..post more pics when you can. They will keep you busy for awhile. So the Dad is pure bred too?

wrassecal

There are 5. I wish someone had videotapted the first one because I was in my office working on my son's resume when I glanced at the closet she been hangin out in and noticed she was in labor. Next thing I knew she ran and jumped in my husbands office chair, then I ran to the laundry room for gloves and scissors. Then she started screaming, then I started screaming and ran back in and couldn't find her anywhere:eek: I was checking under the bed and backyard deck and places she hides. I finally found her under the living room couch. Then she ran off dragging the first puppy behind her. I called in reinforcements and my 2 sisters and I coaxed her back into the birthing closet. All went well from there, the rest were born with no screaming and she is being a great mommy. I only had to take 6

[hr]
and call the vet 3 times with stupid questions.
Are you interested in being the first person on your block to own a rare and exotic schneeler???

wrassecal

Originally posted by lovethesea
very cute..post more pics when you can. They will keep you busy for awhile. So the Dad is pure bred too?

Yes he is. I'm just praying that this is one of those cases where the dogs end up really cute. I can't imagine what half blue heeler(australian cattle dog) and half schnauzer is going to look like.

lovethesea

OMG, thats funny but not. I would be a wreck. 6

[hr]
did it for you? Not me, I would be a nervous nellie. You gotta come up with a good name for the poor baby that got dragged around the house. :eek:

wrassecal

OK you caught me. 6

[hr]
, 2 vicodins and 8 calls to the vet.:rolleyes: Actually, the one that got dragged around is the biggest healthiest one. Another funny thing is mys sis's and I never left room and once she had 4 she was chillin and they were nursing then after an hour and half she started up again. You can guess who I called. Anyway, no puppy so she settled back down and were just hangin out talking. Then one of my sisters looked in the closet and said she really liked the little tiny one. I thought, there isn't a tiny one so I looked an there were five of them. Sure enough she had a little runt. I'm going to have to look out for the bitty one for a while. Poor thing can't figure out what to suck on, just sucks on any part of the teat. She's very alert and active though, so I think she'll be fine. :)

belothsurf

I had a Boxer that had 13....."THIRTEEN!!!!"......puppies. I had to help break them out of their placentas and stimulate them to breathe. Momma couldn't keep up. And, which is even more unusual, they all survived to adult doggyhood. Usually, 30% of litter don't make it. We had to hand feed them, or several of the runts wouldn't have made it. What an experience!:jumping:

shels

Congrads, They will probally end up being the cutest dogs. The mixed dogs are usually the best. When you can post more pictures, I would love to see them as they grow.
My hair lady has queensland healers and bred them, her first litter and she had 11, they are 4 weeks old and all made it with no problems. Your 5 should be fine.
I found out this morning that my maltese is going to be a mother again of 4 puppies at the end of this month. She accidently tyed with a yorkie ( She had her britches on and everything so she would not get pregnet, she did keep her britches on the whole time.)(I guess they were meant to be) She had her appt. this morning with an ultra sound and we have 4. She had 4 puppies last October, and I just had to keep one. Be prepared to have to keep just one.
Good luck

lovethesea

I love the sound of your grandma.
Don't foget Melody, practice, practice, practice!! I practically had to stand on my head for my babies. You will get there. :)

lovethesea

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
especially with OLD ladies
:eek: :D

a huh....we older ones, can run circles around you youngin's!

reef_magic

lol, my avatar is an animation, so she's allowed to be "provacative" w/o being labeled "ho"......and once you "deflower" someone's virgin ears there is no going back.....now look what you've done to me!
aw, ur not old, i see you guys as my online moms...err umm, big sisters :D