Im back!! New tank, New Stock List Opinions Please

ryanhayes9

So after a long absence from the boards and a tank crash I have decided tor eturn to the boards.
I had a total tank crash of my 75 gallon 6 months ago, found out that it was the LFS RO water they were selling to me, it had a reading for 300 on my TDS meter and I had been using it for 6 months or so. So all the phospahtes and everything eventually built up and the tank crashed while on vacation. Came back to everything DEAD except for my angel and watchmen goby and my green carpet that was totally translucent, totally bleached and hair algae 2 feet long up to the surface. I would have won the ugliest tank contest. Now 6 months later I am getting going agian, the tanks been going for 4 months or so with all of my old LR that was scrubbed of for hail algae. Hav 1 neon green plate coral that has lasted for a while and my green carpet thats better than ever. Hair algae is beggining to return along with some cyano algae but I think its the new tank algae bloom also going with the fact that I havent done a water change in 3 months. So I have purchased an RO machine and am makign water now as we speak for some water changes. 4 stage 100gpd unit. So to celebrate my tanks return i ordered a new fish and a refractometer also. Stock List is
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby
2 False Perc clownfish ( mated pair)
1 Pygmy angel
And on the way! A purple Tang! I found an awesome deal on!
I want to have my final stock list as
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby
2 Clownfish
1 Pygmy Angel
1 Purple tang
1 Sixlien wrasse
and maybe a painted anthias if I could, what do you guys think?
PS- over the "off time" of my tank I came across someone giving away a free 100 gallon long tank which I took and have in my garage waiting to be set up. So I do have a tank for the purple tang when he gets bigger, hes only 2.5 inches now so he will be fine in the 75 until I set up the 100 gallon.
Any comments guys? on stock list or anything?

m0nk

I like that stock list, very colorful.

When you get the 100L setup are you planning on moving everything over from this tank to that one? Just curious... I'm in the process of doing something similar, I got a blue hippo tang at 1/2 in length over the summer for my 55 and planned on setting up a 180 for her, which I'm doing now, but I'm still leaving the 55 setup as-is (sans-tang). It's always tempting to just upgrade, but I figured since the current tank is setup it would feel like a waste to tear it down and move everything over to the 180 when it's complete. So, in the end, I'll have the 180 for SPS and tangs and the 55 for softies and LPS.... I think...

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by sign guy
where you been! andd where are the pics?
been busy and stuff, chechout the "age" thread in the aquarium, page 3
Pics wouldint be very good as of right now, seeing as heres rock, plate coral, carpet and 4 fish lol

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by m0nk
I like that stock list, very colorful.

When you get the 100L setup are you planning on moving everything over from this tank to that one? Just curious... I'm in the process of doing something similar, I got a blue hippo tang at 1/2 in length over the summer for my 55 and planned on setting up a 180 for her, which I'm doing now, but I'm still leaving the 55 setup as-is (sans-tang). It's always tempting to just upgrade, but I figured since the current tank is setup it would feel like a waste to tear it down and move everything over to the 180 when it's complete. So, in the end, I'll have the 180 for SPS and tangs and the 55 for softies and LPS.... I think...

I am planning on moving everything over from the 75 to the 100G long tank, too much hassel to break down 2 tanks when moving

wattsupdoc

Man, I guess the partys over now.....
Could you have at least gave us notice you were coming back?

JK Welcome

machota

Originally Posted by FishyGurl
anthias are usually hard fish to keep and have to be fed 2-3 times a day.
a I couldnt get one to live for more then a couple weeks. So I stopped trying

maelv

Originally Posted by MachoTA
a I couldnt get one to live for more then a couple weeks. So I stopped trying
I guess I was lucky. I had a couple of Bartlett Anthias. Loved those guys....unfortunately, one took a swan dive out the tank. But the other one did just fine in my tank.
And welcome back.