I'm *done* with powerheads, need advice

integral9

I'm so done with powerheads and want to go to either a single inline pump or dual inline pumps. I'm thinking dual, for redundancy in case of failure, but the single option I'm thinking would be quieter and generate less heat.
I have a 55g w/ a 20g sump / refuge. In my tank, all combined, I have about 1080gph and in my sump I have about 560gph. I currently have a Mag5 powering my return back to the tank and powerheads galore. My tank usually runs a bit warm, but I fixed that w/ a fan. I'm thinking the heat is coming from my pumps. My lighting is 4xT5. My heater never turns on unless my house is like 60F. Anyways, aside from the heat issues that I resolved through evaporation, I'm tired of looking at those eye sores in my tank, cleaning them off, pulling mushrooms and xenia out of them, etc.
What inline pump or pumps would you recommend? I need something quiet since my stand is metal with a skirt velcroed to it that my wife made out of double thick denim to hide the uglies. It does a reasonable job of muting the sound, but not like a solid cabinet would do. TIA.

wangotango

So you want a closed loop system.
Check out melevsreef dot com. He added a close-loop to a 29 I think it was. It has a lot of pictures and step by step instructions on how to put it together.
-Justin