I'm Getting a 72g Bowfront Reef Ready!

pbuck

I am in the process of shopping around for new tanks. I am thinking of going with an Oceanic 72g Bowfront Reef Ready. I was wondering if anyone out there currently has one of these and would care to comment on it. Another thing is that I was wondering what the overflow was rated at in the Reef Ready setup? I am planning on putting a Velocity T4 for a return pump from the refugium/sump and I was wondering if the overflow would be able to handle 900-1000 gph? I would not think so but I thought I would ask.

shanev

I have that tank and I love it. It is really beatiful. I believe the 1 inch bluckhead can handle around 1000-1100gph.
Im not sure about the velocity T4 is it rated at 1000 gph at 0 head? If so the overflow will handle it just fine.
If you go for it I highly suggest a durso standpipe (do a search here you'll find a lot) to quiet the overflow. Also I believe Oceanic just released real wood canopy for it that are sweet.

pbuck

Thanks for the info. I just received an email from Oceanic and they confirmed that it will be able to handle 1000gph. I have changed my mind about the pump though. I have found a Blueline pump that will do 1100 @ 4' and its less than $120.