I'm going to make one of these...

bulldog123

Thats pretty funny,but it might be a little easier using a acrylic trap door style. Or maybe just use your finger a bait.

stevedave08

Originally Posted by Bulldog123
http:///forum/post/3215017
Thats pretty funny,but it might be a little easier using a acrylic trap door style. Or maybe just use your finger a bait.
I'm trying the soda bottle trick tonight and if it doesn't work, speargun tomorrow. I've made every effort to get them out alive except tearing down my tank which I refuse to do. Eff those little

[hr]

btldreef

LOL ... I actually know someone who did this to get rid of her damsel problem in a 200G. She also refused to tear down rock work for the little monsters.

stevedave08

I've made my own extra long feeding prongs out of bamboo skewers and I've used one to poke the bigger one a couple of times. I knew it wouldn't kill him, but I wanted to see if I was fast enough to hit him. Right now the plan is either this mini speargun or bamboo skewer with 2 straightened hooks on the end.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by SteveDave08
http:///forum/post/3215032
I've made my own extra long feeding prongs out of bamboo skewers and I've used one to poke the bigger one a couple of times. I knew it wouldn't kill him, but I wanted to see if I was fast enough to hit him. Right now the plan is either this mini speargun or bamboo skewer with 2 straightened hooks on the end.
Here's a copy of something I've posted many times, it usually works. I also remember someone who superglued two needles onto a piece of rigid tubing and got them. They were wedged between the

[hr]
and promptly flushed.
This may have been me, I always suggest this; but most people think its
silly...until they try it. Tiny hook (hair hook, used to catch bait. Flatten the
barb and bait with a bit of raw shrimp..after the little monster has been eating
it for a day or two. A lfs called me several times, when I I lived in another
state, to help them get unwanted fish out of customer's tanks (almost always
damsels). I never failed, nor hurt a fish (much). I think this one of the most
common questions on this forum. I suspect it is often the result of lfs selling
damsels as "cycle starters".. I'll bet I've posted this reply 20 times; I'm
going to copy & save it...I type very slowly. BTW, I never heard from anyone
that tried this and failed, but have heard several success stories. IMO, it is
no big deal on the fish, far less stressful ,(on the damsel AND tankmates),than
tearing a tank apart.

hammerhed7

Srfisher beat me to it, a small hook will do the job, or see if your LFS has a grouper or lionfish loaner program