I'm going to try a mini reef!

zack schwartz

I found a good 2 gallon aqaurium. It has a 15 watt hood fore lighting. I know its going to be hard to keep it, but if I do have succes I can't wait! :D

broomer5

Sounds like a 128 ounce challenge !
Get out your eyedroppers and shot glasses for water changes !
Wish you much luck and let us know how it works out ;)

G

glazer

Very cool Zack! Little tanks can be a total blast, I have caught the bug myself. I currently have nano #2 (have a 7.5 running for almost a year now) set up and running. It's a 5 and 1/2 gallon... Funny, I have been playing around with some acrylic trying to make an overflow box so I can use a 2 gallon tank as a refugium!!...lol
Oh and by the way... my lights for the 5.5 should be here anyday now. Fan cooled hood with 64 watts of PC's .... Yeah baby!!!! :cool: ......lol

zack schwartz

Originally posted by glazer:
<strong>Very cool Zack! Little tanks can be a total blast, I have caught the bug myself. I currently have nano #2 (have a 7.5 running for almost a year now) set up and running. It's a 5 and 1/2 gallon... Funny, I have been playing around with some acrylic trying to make an overflow box so I can use a 2 gallon tank as a refugium!!...lol
Oh and by the way... my lights for the 5.5 should be here anyday now. Fan cooled hood with 64 watts of PC's .... Yeah baby!!!! :cool: ......lol</strong><hr></blockquote>
WOW thats really cool

L

lexatomic

i just started a 10 gallon minireef. it's hard as heck, but i am enjoying the challenge. i gotta give credit to those trying tanks under 10 gallons...you gots grapefruits!

dragonuwrasse

I have had a 2.5 setup for about 6 months now. It contains a yellow and blue damsel and a few colonies of pulsing xenia. Also it has a hawaiian feather dustar. ;) It's not so hard!!!

sgt__york

hmm.. if a wet/dry system were to be used.. i'm wondering.. would it be 4 bio-balls stacked on top of each other w/1 hole in the drip plate??

jonthefb

Yeah ive got a 7.5 gallon sea cube by us aquariums, and it has a wet dry with protein skimmer built into the back of it. And just the other day i purchased a 13 watt 50/50 bulb for it. YOu talk about cool! ha ha
jon