im in HAHAHAHAHAHa

fanker

so i have been working at a pet store for a few monts now and im getting in good i get the fish and coral wholesale list emailed tp me weekly and pecision marine just called me and sent me there price list. and wow its amazing how much lower prices are. most coral we get we get for $7.70 we can gen the vortech v40 or what ever it is for $223. setting my tank back up for sure now

flower

Originally Posted by fanker
http:///forum/post/3120343
so i have been working at a pet store for a few monts now and im getting in good i get the fish and coral wholesale list emailed tp me weekly and pecision marine just called me and sent me there price list. and wow its amazing how much lower prices are. most coral we get we get for $7.70 we can gen the vortech v40 or what ever it is for $223. setting my tank back up for sure now

careful...you could lose the job for giving away the wholesale prices, and purchasing for your friends is cause for the same. The store sells the $7.70 critters for $60.00 on sale. They want customers to feel they got a bargin not being ripped off.

salt210

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3120390

careful...you could lose the job for giving away the wholesale prices, and purchasing for your friends is cause for the same. The store sells the $7.70 critters for $60.00 on sale. They want customers to feel they got a bargin not being ripped off.
but we all know they are ripping us off anyways

nigerbang

As far as the price of the Vortechs go.. Thats probably the top tier price.. Assuming you order a large amount.. At 1-11 they are about $340 give or take.. 12 and more the price drops to around $290... and Im sure when you order even more it goes down more..
Got to watch those wholesalers.. can sneak stuff in on you...
I bought 3 boxes of LR one time and was under the impression it was $1.19lb
after I got the bill and it wasnt I called and they said 8+ boxes they give the break of $1.19lb but at the order I made it was $1.59lb..

coral keeper

You can get in some SERIOUSLY BIG trouble from the wholesalers/pet store for showing off the prices and you can loose your job. If I were you, I'd keep all that to myself and not show off. IBTD/IBTL because people will start to PM you to get them a few things, which selling is against forum rules here.

flower

Yes there is lots of overhead in a pet store...that doesn't stop people from feeling
they are being ripped off to pay $60.00, for something the store bought at $7.70
So those prices are a "trade secret". To give away that info and or make side bargains for friends, will get a person fired in a hurry.
If you as an employee can get a discount...use it. If someone asks for a favor, say it is just for employees and you can't do any deals for them except maybe to save the good stuff for them if they want to come in..
Say for example, if there is a really sweet piece of live rock covered in coralline...give your buddy a heads up. That would be allowed.
As an employee in a pet shop, that’s about the best you can do for your friends, and keep your job.

mkroher

Do you feel like you are ripped off when you pay $3,000 for a diamond when it costs a smuggler $50 to have his slaves mine for it?
It's capitalism. Deal with it.
If all our fish were $8.99, everyone would have every single fish on the market. They would be getting flushed with a speck of ick.
I'm glad the prices are what they are, it gives the hobby integrity.

fanker

we run this store different. we actually give alot of people wholesale price cause we know they are gunna come back for other stuff. my boss is really chill about this like if u lived near the store and came in often we would give u whole sale on stuff and than other stuff we would charge normal. we arent just a fish store we have everything so we make more on other stuff tahn we do on fish stuff

flower

Originally Posted by fanker
http:///forum/post/3120926
we run this store different. we actually give alot of people wholesale price cause we know they are gunna come back for other stuff. my boss is really chill about this like if u lived near the store and came in often we would give u whole sale on stuff and than other stuff we would charge normal. we arent just a fish store we have everything so we make more on other stuff tahn we do on fish stuff

Sounds like a sweet job...hang on to it for awhile...at least till you have yours and all your buddys tank just right..LOL..

You can be my friend?..

salt210

Originally Posted by mkroher
http:///forum/post/3120553
Do you feel
like you are ripped off when you pay $3,000 for a diamond when it costs a smuggler $50 to have his slaves mine for it?
It's capitalism. Deal with it.
If all our fish were $8.99, everyone would have every single fish on the market. They would be getting flushed with a speck of ick.
I'm glad the prices are what they are, it gives the hobby integrity.
Im sorry my wife doesnt wear conflict diamonds. when I know a online store sells something for 60 and I go into a LFS and they have the same item for 120. that isnt right