I'm New...(and trying to avoid being confused)

1journeyman

Josh.. small tanks can be beautiful indeed (like the photo).
Just keep doing your research. You might purchase Michael's "Pocket Guide to Marine Fish". It's great. Gives the max size of fish/tank size needed/etc.. That might really help you out in deciding what you want.
The Goby/shrimp combo is a good idea.

wax32

Here is what I see for your tank:
1 A. ocellaris
1 shrimp goby/pistol shrimp pair (your choice, most are inexpensive and will do well)
Some mushrooms and lots of zoanthids.
This will be one REALLY colorful tank.

You've got me wanting to do a nano, but I think my wife would shoot me.

joshradio

Ok... and you've all twisted my arm... I'm ordering a 1x175W double ended HQI 20000K w/ 2x18W compact fluorescent actinic blue bulbs & 2xblue moon LED night lights setup... not a bad deal and its fit for a 20" ...no clip ons for me....

angelkisse

i recently added a condi and my female clown hooked up with it practically before it hit the sand....as my lil gurl says *they r in love* :hilarious

wax32

Holy cow, you going with that on your 15 gallon tank? That's a lot of light. Be careful of heat, make sure it's raised a decent distance from the water!

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by JoshRadio

Here's where "im at just as a set up...
Ok, so I'm going to put about 15-20 more lbs of LR in there this weekend, and then wait a bit while my peeled shrimpsets the cycle... (and also I'm waitin to see if I've got any of those freaky lice things I saw on another thread!!
) And I will then probably go with a cleaner crew and maybe 2 dusters, a clown and a neon goby, and purpleback....
Sound ok?
Here's my comments about your tank. Are you just putting the rock right on top of the sandbed? You should get some baserocks to put against the glass bottom and set your live rocks on top of it!!!!
:happyfish

symon

I think your on the right track, Although it's not to late to put some base rock in (your Still cycling)
you will want to leave some spaces around , under and between your LR for your critters to play in! Add a powerhead or 2 to get your water flowing throghout your LR
But most of all , take your time! Of all the things this Hobby is, fast it is not!
Once your cycle is complete, about a month! Then your going to want to add your cleaning crew, hermits, snails ect! then give that a couple of weeks, Testing all the time!
In a small tank your levels will change very fast, so when you add anything you need to watch your amm, nitrites nitrates, let them equalize before you consider adding more!
As i said before, take your time, we all want you to enjoy yourself, not be all stressed out!
Good Luck!

mikeyjer

Like it was said above, it is NOT too late to put some baserocks on the bottom. Get a bucket and remove all your rocks into a bucket and move your sandbed around and put baserocks on the bottom then stack your live rocks back in. It's gonna be cloudy for about 4-5 hours. Turn off your powerheads and any filtration system during this process, then turn your filtration system back on once the rocks are in place. Leave the powerheads off for a few hours before turning them back on, that gives the sand some time to settle. You'd be better off doing it the right way!!! :happyfish