percula clownfish
firefish goby
dwarf lionfish
cardinal fish
3 damsels
cleaner shrimp
emerald crab
turbo snail
....there's a lot of algae bubbles and algae hair..i bought the emerald crab and turbo snail to clean it off but i need other alternatives...
also....
im fixing to move to a new apt like 15-20mins away and i was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to move the tank...where to place the fish...etc.

1911_guy

I'm getting ready to move also within the next few months, 10 minutes away.
I'm pretty sure you can safely place your livestock into rubbermaids with heater and powerheads until you can disassemble your tank and stand, move it, reassemble and then reacclimate your livestock.
Experts, please elaborate.

teresaq

how many hermits do you have?? I am haveing that problem too , and added another emerald, and a few more hermits, and they seem to be eating it up. also try and get some 5 gal containers and keep r/o water on hand for water changes and top offs.

wax32

That many fish in a 30 will put a big strain on your tank's ability to get nutrients out of the water. Using tap water adds to the problems. Algae likes phosphates. Test your water for phosphates. You didn't say if you had a protein skimmer or not, if you don't, look into buying one. Also, get a few more astrea snails to eat some of that algea. But you really need to check into why you have so much algea in the first place. (Overcrowding and tap water putting too many nutrients into the tank.)