Im not sure if its Ich please help

sfl01208

This is the first time I have ever experienced any disease type thing. From what Ive read Ich is something that looks like specs of sugar or salt on a fish. To me it does not look like this, but more like goosebumps, and pimples or something. Its not really white, but bumpy. I dont know how good the pic will look but Ill give it a go...hopefully you guys can tell me what is up.
pH is 8.1
salt is 1.024
ammonia is 0
Phosphate is 0
Nitrite and Nitrates are higher than they should be and Im going to do about a 33% water change later tonight....too hopefully remove this and I just added some chaet to my new refuge that I turned on yesterday...so hopefully thsoe will go done, but the Ns are my only water problem.

f1shman

I can't really tell lol, i dont see an white spots on him, just what look like little bumps, im not sure, maybe an early case of ich or some other disease, maybe someone else will know

xhappyx

Originally Posted by F1shMan
I can't really tell lol, i dont see an white spots on him, just what look like little bumps, im not sure, maybe an early case of ich or some other disease, maybe someone else will know
that's what my tangs looked like when they got ich right before it got worse. i tried a bunch of different things only thing i found was the garlic stuff they sell. works wonders i soaked the food but that didn't seem to work so i was adding drops to the tank and then it took care of it. good luck i lost one of the tangs to ick. good that u spotted it early though

sfl01208

what do you mean garlic stuff they sell? you mean just regualr garlic oil??
or do they sell stuff at your LFS?

xhappyx

Originally Posted by sfl01208
what do you mean garlic stuff they sell? you mean just regualr garlic oil??
or do they sell stuff at your LFS?