I'm on the bandwagon

oceansidefish

Its got problems but its georgous! I live about 3 miles from it. As a kid we used to go see the Glory Of Christmass there it was awesome. Live camels and the whole 9. A friend of mine was Mary one year in the production and they have one of the most amazing pipe organs. Riveled at this point in so cal probably by only the Walt Disney Concert Hall

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2961397
Christianity calls out to sinners, yet we are surprised when we show it.
I'm not surprised when Christians show sin... not at all. You should know that about me man.
But there are levels. Even though sin is the same in the eyes of God, the consequences are what fragment sins into different classes. When I look at Crystal Cathedral, I just can't help but see a leadership that is choosing to drive the church into the ground, looking out purposely for themselves instead of the followers of the faith - I am seeing a heresy that, quite frankly, disgusts me... and I have every right to feel that way. I have every right to say that the church IS riddled with problems - because it's the truth. I am very upset about the way Crystal Cathedral is choosing to progress, and if a change doesn't happen soon, it will lead to it's destruction - that's very disappointing.
But you don't see me throwing CC under the bus, saying how much I hate the leaders and I want them all to burn in hell, because the truth is I dont. Again, I'm upset because it's a failing ministry, and the leaders aren't doing anything about it. I have a heart of sadness, not condemnation. Who am I to condemn?
Are you reading me here?

socal57che

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2961409
I'm not surprised when Christians show sin... not at all. You should know that about me man.
But there are levels. Even though sin is the same in the eyes of God, the consequences are what fragment sins into different classes. When I look at Crystal Cathedral, I just can't help but see a leadership that is choosing to drive the church into the ground, looking out purposely for themselves instead of the followers of the faith - I am seeing a heresy that, quite frankly, disgusts me... and I have every right to feel that way. I have every right to say that the church IS riddled with problems - because it's the truth. I am very upset about the way Crystal Cathedral is choosing to progress, and if a change doesn't happen soon, it will lead to it's destruction - that's very disappointing.
But you don't see me throwing CC under the bus, saying how much I hate the leaders and I want them all to burn in hell, because the truth is I dont. Again, I'm upset because it's a failing ministry, and the leaders aren't doing anything about it. I have a heart of sadness, not condemnation. Who am I to condemn?
Are you reading me here?
Absolutely. The people he handed his license to didn't think it was odd? Who did they expect at church that day, but people in need?
On the other hand, peeps kill themselves every day, but if you off yourself on the church lawn you get your name in the paper. I can spin this thing about a dozen different ways. I wasn't pointing at you, just using your statement as an opener.
Churches everywhere need to be aware that this kind of thing is going to increase. People are depressed and desperate for relief.