I'm picking up a pair of GSM clowns this week

pacopetty

The LFS has been holding them for me for a month and they have been together in the same tank at the LFS for at least 3 months.
Any tips on caring for them would be greatly appreciated.

dockery07

I have a really large pair; they spawn about every month or so. It depends on how their anemone splits. They are very cool but the female is a little mean she wont bite unless I move a rock close to the anemone. Which is why I almost always have gloves on.

krishj39

I have one and have found it to be an incredibly easy fish to keep. They will eat everything you put in. He mostly hosts in a toadstool leather, but also hosts in a plate coral (at night). The only thing to consider is that they are supposed to be one of the more agressive clowns when they get larger. This is significant as they are also one of the largest clowns (to 6 inches). I added my GSM last since it is in a tank with a yellow-tail damsel (clowns are a type of damsel fish) and 2 false percs. He's been in there for about 8 months now and is still on the bottom of the pecking order. I have no problems with the different clowns fighting, by the way. The damsel picks on the GSM a bit though as they have staked neighboring territories.