im pissed

julius

I came home from work yesterday to find my tank at 90+degrees, My Dasmel and my Bursa was dead CHFS were breading heavy undulated was sorta alright. I just bought that bursa. This is the 2nd tyme this has happen to me in 2yrs the heater malfuntioned again First it was now reef now my FOWLR.

2day temp is back to norm But for now I dont have a heater in there I will pick up one tomorrow. Stuff like this make me wanna quit this hobby.

dischirm

That just happened to me recently and it was actually one of my powerhead that was overheating and warming up my tank. Are you sure it was the heater? I also cant get my temp below 83 degrees right now just due to ambient temps here in Sacramento combined with all the equipment in the tank.

unleashed

for future issues with tank temps place 2 1 ltr pop bottles filled with water in your freezer or 2ltr bottles doesnt matter.if you notice a temp spike place one of the frozen bottles into the sump it will chill the water slowly for you in the main tank

badoleross

When you replace your heater this time use 2 small heater to heat your tank instead of 1 larger heater. That way if a heater gets stuck on it wont be able to overheat your tankand the 2nd heater will shut off if needed. A simple fail safe. Sorry for your loss.

S

shark bait

sorry man, I don't even run a heater. but living in so cal i have a chiller ant i stay a cool 77 in my big tank and 75-76 in the nano. it is a few below the norm but that way if it is real hot out and the ac is off it wont get to hot in any of the tanks.