I'm switching to VHO!

aggie05

I have been wanting to do this for a while now and after hanging out and looking at my friends tank last weekend I finally ordered a VHO retro. I will be stripping the PC stuff out of my 30" CSL hood and putting in its place two 24" URI VHO bulbs. It will give me 150 watts, compared to 130 with the PCs and will also vastly improve the coloration. They should be here tomorrow and hopefully I can get them in the hood quickly. I will post pics of the process, and some before and after when it is done.:happy:

aggie05

Well I got everything hooked up and the lights are over the tank. I like it better, but right now the lights are really pink, which I expected, I just hope they whiten up as they burn in. I will post more info when I have time later this weekend.:)

aggie05

Yeah, I'm not anti-pink, but I would like to see what it looks like with say a 10,000K coralife bulb in there.

csrobe02

What bulbs did you get? The URI aquasun bulbs burn very pink and stay that way. If you want the blue/white look... go with URI super actinic, and actinic white and you will be satisfied with the color that the water glows, along with the color of your corals.
HTH