ima noob

anonome

I'm still going with RBTA. Not all BTA's have the bubbles on the tips. Mine only gets these after a good meal of a silverside.

jonfletch01

i don't know.. they both look close to the same to me... although I've never seen the "bubbled" tips at all... I'll ask the guy I got it from tomorrow...
first is the RBTA, second is the LTA

jonfletch01

funny you should say he should like rock work... look where he moved after the lights went out... (on the side of the rock he was beside)

anonome

That will really be the key. If he moves to the rocks and anchors in, it is definately a RBTA, otherwise the LTA likes sand and will anchor to the floor of the tank. LTA aren't usually red, unless dyed, and I would think it would show areas of white where the dye has released.

jonfletch01

he's always been that color... my friend first got him about 7 months ago.. then came to me last month.. he's gone between rocks and sand..

trippkid

I know I'm a little late here but welcome aboard. Very nice tank, you'll be addicted, if not already, before you know it.

Matt

jonfletch01

Originally Posted by Curlsoc
Errr, am I going nuts, or does he have some Aiptasia in the first picture of the polyps?
I do have a few in my tank... got a few pep shrimp last week... gonna see if they take care of it... if not.. I'll try something else...
So your not nuts...

bbailey231

Originally Posted by jonfletch01
funny you should say he should like rock work... look where he moved after the lights went out... (on the side of the rock he was beside)
That looks exactly like my LTA..just a little darker, but not much. Nice tank!