Impatient People

majormaz

I sell a lot on the internet and most of the time a package takes anywhere from 1 to 20 days (Yes, that is how slow USPS is,) to arrive at the designated address. I sold some halide bulbs on --, and I shipped the bulbs out the following day. Four days later (now,) I get a paypal dispute on my hands! Is this really necessary? Are people filing disputes willy nilly due to the crumbling economy?
Does this happen to others?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by majormaz
http:///forum/post/2907525
I sell a lot on the internet and most of the time a package takes anywhere from 1 to 20 days (Yes, that is how slow USPS is,) to arrive at the designated address. I sold some halide bulbs on --, and I shipped the bulbs out the following day. Four days later (now,) I get a paypal dispute on my hands! Is this really necessary? Are people filing disputes willy nilly due to the crumbling economy?
Does this happen to others?
If a couple weeks go by and I don't recieve something I get concerned, but I contact the seller first. If I do not get a response within a couple of days I will file. 4 days is a bit extreme...if not overnight nothing ships that fast...perhaps they just regret their buying decision and are trying to get out of it

pumper

Yep. I sold a downrigger on an auction site. Shipped ups.... Store didnt actually send it until 3 days later. Five days buyer filed dispute, I entered the tracking info in the dispute resolution and they ended the dispute because of the tracking number. I will no longer bring any of my business to this mom and pops ups store.

jackri

Some people are just REALLY impatient. If they are that impatient they should go to town and pay full price. The reason to buy online is a discount and convience... but you know you have to wait about a week.... at least thats my opinion.
I shipped 1000's of things and once in awhile you just can't please person no matter what.

majormaz

Here is his only reply ( not to me, through the paypal claim)
"I have not received the item and today 10 other people have reported no communication. He sold the same product to 10 people, which he only claimed he had 2. He is clearly scaming people."
Where does he get this information? It's drastically untrue.

scotts

1. You cannot talk about other sites like -- here.
2. This is exactly why SWF got rid of the classified section, they don't want a lot of people bitching and having to get involved in other's disputes.
3. This is the second time you have posted on here about you selling things and then NOT TELLING THE PEOPLE WHEN YOU SHIP!!!! Dude that would take care of your problems. If you are selling things you are not only selling something you are selling a service. When you get back from the Post office send them an e-mail! It is that simple.
4. I tried to do a quick search on that site, but I have not been on there for so long I forgot my password. However I saw there was one person who you sold bulbs to that you did not respond to. I am not going to get into all the details but let me say this. If you are selling something and people complain about the way you sell it, you better either change the way you sell or just stop.

snakeblitz33

People alter the truth to fit their moods. He's angry and he's trying to get back at you. I don't know why he's mad because he will for sure get his bulbs.
I'm trying to start selling things on the E site, but seems too complicated. I hope I don't get in any disputes with ignorant people.

stdreb27

lol, that is funny. Seriously, if you want to sell stuff online that is what you are going to deal with. Personally if I do anything there, I write a ridiculously long cya note.
I will ship within 5 business days of end of sale, sold as is, no returns, buyer assumes all shipping charges, and any return charges. Any damage in shipping, refunds will be issued when insurance claim is paid. Whatever I do, I'm overly honest.
I post pictures of the item, before hand, point out ANY possible imperfections.
Whatever I do, I'm overly honest. And I make sure to send emails, verify the address via email make sure it matches paypal.
Then after sale, I remove the money from paypal immediately, Have paypal linked to an account that has nothing in it. Then transfer it to my main account. So even if they claim a dispute and it is settled in their favor, they don't get any $$.
Because people will try and pull ANYTHING

camfish

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2908358
lol, that is funny. Seriously, if you want to sell stuff online that is what you are going to deal with. Personally if I do anything there, I write a ridiculously long cya note.
I will ship within 5 business days of end of sale, sold as is, no returns, buyer assumes all shipping charges, and any return charges. Any damage in shipping, refunds will be issued when insurance claim is paid. Whatever I do, I'm overly honest.
I post pictures of the item, before hand, point out ANY possible imperfections.
Whatever I do, I'm overly honest. And I make sure to send emails, verify the address via email make sure it matches paypal.
Then after sale, I remove the money from paypal immediately, Have paypal linked to an account that has nothing in it. Then transfer it to my main account. So even if they claim a dispute and it is settled in their favor, they don't get any $$.
Because people will try and pull ANYTHING
Whoa! You've really thought this through. Haha, guess you don't enjoying being screwd over. Smart ideas

stdreb27

Originally Posted by camfish
http:///forum/post/2908366
Whoa! You've really thought this through. Haha, guess you don't enjoying being screwd over. Smart ideas

I've worked retail for 5 years...
Seriously go read your term of usage on your ccds or your cell phone, they write you into a corner, and you sign it without reading.