in addition to my 10gal

vibe

in addition to my 10gallon tank, i also have a 29 gallon tank.
it has the following:
- emperor 200 filter (built-in the top)
- mega-watt U.V. sterilizer (we had a parasite problem)
- 20 lbs of LR, 20 lbs of LS
- green polop rock
- an elephant ear mushroom
- a domino damsel
- a blue damsel
- a black mouth (yellow chromi)
- a fire damsel
- a cinnimon clown
- a black velvet damsel (large)
- a blue hamlet
- a yellow grouper
- a bat fish
- 1 emerald crab
- 2 feather dusters
- 10 blue legged hermit crabs
- 5 turbo snails
- and a banded shrimp
what should i add next? :confused:

:eek: You are extremely overstocked - 9 fish in a 29 gallon!
I'm also concerned about your choice of fish. A grouper and a batfish will grow huge and the grouper will eat your small fish and inverts.
How long has you tank been setup?
Just MHO,
Miles

saltym3

I'd also like to know how long this tank has been running for. In your other post you just set up a 10 gallon which is overstocked as well.

vibe

Kris seemed to catch on. the "what should i add next" is a joke. my father doesn't really know as much about tanks as i do. he just seems to buy what ever the store guy says. the tank has been running well. the only competition is between the black velvet and the grouper. the grouper doesn't have time to eat smaller fish, on a count of he has to constantly protect his territory from the velvet damsel, which is almost twice its size. the tank has been like this for almost a month.
my 10 gallon is doing fine too. read my other post to see how everthing is going with my 10 gallon nano tank.

vibe

no col, taht was a while ago, mind u. my 10 gallon IS doing fine, and my fish seem to get along just fine thank you very much. LeBoeuf, do a search on who?
my yellow grouper is the smallest of the grouper species. we are getting a 55 soon and the whole mess will get cleaned up. i really dont know where anyone got this 1" of fish per 5gallons rule.
it makes absolutely no sense at all. :p

Originally posted by vibe
i really dont know where anyone got this 1" of fish per 5gallons rule.
it makes absolutely no sense at all. :p

i agree. i think they should be as uncomfortable as possible