In memory of Tobin (aka Seasalt)

reefforbrains

LOL inspiration for many reasons.
Some REALLY dirty jokes via middle of the night phone calls and email trades.
So tenacious and still so good spirited. We had same stomping grounds round northern CA
He was one of the first I looked for when I came back to the boards and I openly wept when I learned of his passing.
HAHAHHAHA when he was quitting smoking and then would stand downwind of those that smoked trying to sneak in thier slipstream of secondhand.
When he got all fired up and forgot he was tiny. He had a mouth, and attitude of a giant but weighed in at a buck-o-five. LOL even before the downward spiral he was like that.
LOL such a dork, I really do miss ya bud.
-RFB

clownfish11

i almost "cried" when i saw the pics and its crazy how someone you never knew can have such a emotional effect....idk it was wierd...

jennythebugg

wow i didnt know this would get brought back up, thanks for the sentiments you guys. i sure do miss my 'bean' . RFB you are so right about his attitude , even though he was sick he would still get in peoples faces when they rubbed him the wrong way. and on the other hand he could be the most caring loving person ever, he would give a stranger the shirt off his back if they needed it. love you bean

reefforbrains

When I was leaving for the last extended trip he was trying to arrainge to come out and wanted to help me move.
He really just wanted to play around in the shop with the toys, but he was literally on the way out on this crazy world and would have FULLY come on out and carried furniture if I let him.
We had the bet going on the monster Ricos pizza....lol he thought he had a chance against me. LOL Im was double his size.
I cant say enough that this nutty board is a different place without him, LOL....mods had to get involved during our middle of the night off color exchanges.
To Tobin- I hope theres an exception and allows fords for you to tinker on up there. I just picture him in an old school hotrod painted some aweful color (had crap taste in paintjobs) Ricos pizza and sweet tea in gallon cups....

fats71

I am very sorry for your loss. While I never had the pleasure to converse or know Tobin You guys here have drawn me into his legacy. I cried reading some of the threads and comments.
I read one that said 'You "Jenny"" were venting.
I lost my parents at age 10 and it was very difficult as it is for anyone. I thought the worst was over but 6 years ago my wife and I lost our daughter she would be thirty this year.
A lot of things help us and one thing really really really has made us feel closer to her. While a lot of people think it is silly or dumb we with some friends of my daughters made a myspace page for her. We go there tell her we miss her people say happy b-day etc talk about her and so on. It has only actually been up for a few months as it took awhile to compile pics etc but it sure helps us vent.
I can honestly say if you need anything feel free to pm.
http://www.myspace.com/
Like I said it helps us and it might help you just a thought.
GOD bless you and you are in my prayers.
I hope it is not out of line for me to post my way of helping me cope if SO please let me know asap.
I also wanted to say the poems made me laugh and cry.

jenny, i am so sorry for your loss. i can remember stalking these boards obbsesivley before i was a member and one of the few things that is still in my head is tobins avitar (you know the one with with the chicken) and the great man represented by it. we will miss you tobin and the boards just wont be the same without you.

socal57che

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/2580504
wow i didnt know this would get brought back up, thanks for the sentiments you guys.
Jenny, there isn't one single that time you post when I don't think of him.
...and that goofy chicken...

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Fats71 http:///forum/post/2580748
I am very sorry for your loss. While I never had the pleasure to converse or know Tobin You guys here have drawn me into his legacy. I cried reading some of the threads and comments.
I read one that said 'You "Jenny"" were venting.
I lost my parents at age 10 and it was very difficult as it is for anyone. I thought the worst was over but 6 years ago my wife and I lost our daughter she would be thirty this year.
A lot of things help us and one thing really really really has made us feel closer to her. While a lot of people think it is silly or dumb we with some friends of my daughters made a myspace page for her. We go there tell her we miss her people say happy b-day etc talk about her and so on. It has only actually been up for a few months as it took awhile to compile pics etc but it sure helps us vent.
I can honestly say if you need anything feel free to pm.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...8-6cdc85c12c23
Like I said it helps us and it might help you just a thought.
GOD bless you and you are in my prayers.
I hope it is not out of line for me to post my way of helping me cope if SO please let me know asap.
I also wanted to say the poems made me laugh and cry.
I am maintaining his myspace page , he didnt use it much so there wasnt alot on it but i added some more pics and add more as i have time. i sent a friend request for heather from my page if you dont mind. i am so sorry to hear of her passing .
here is tobins myspace
http://www.myspace.com/

spanko

My 16 year old son was murdered in a pizzaria robbery in October of 2000. One of the poems that someone sent to us made me feel better each time I saw it, I hope that it will help you too Jenny>
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

fats71

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/2581330
I am maintaining his myspace page , he didnt use it much so there wasnt alot on it but i added some more pics and add more as i have time. i sent a friend request for heather from my page if you dont mind. i am so sorry to hear of her passing .
here is tobins myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...6-13e1a0738e5f
ADDED. My daughter loved the Ocean so much but we never had a swf tank with her. We did live in Florida on the beach though and she loved to ride on the back of my motorcycle down the beach. I am sure tobin could have taught her the things I could not about swf that she would ask me... I am sure he did that for many people just like my baby. I sit around and think about our losses such as the young man described in the thread above and tobin and think to myself how they are no longer in pain. They will never feel any hurt. They will never run out of energy anymore. They will never have to deal with TRAFFIC AGAIN ( Sorry I hate traffic) I belive this with all my heart that if they had given their life to Jesus Christ son of the Livinng GOD. They are hi_5ing bumpin chests partying like a rock start with the big ol' G O D.
It makees me happy to see Jesus as your number one on your page as it certainly lets me know a lot about you and TOBIN :)
As for the lady whom lost your son GOD be with you and my prayers go out to you and yours as weell.
Anyway babbling again.
Originally Posted by spanko

http:///forum/post/2581494
My 16 year old son was murdered in a pizzaria robbery in October of 2000. One of the poems that someone sent to us made me feel better each time I saw it, I hope that it will help you too Jenny>
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
I just called my wife as I posted this and she said hello. I just started reading it...