In Tank GPH for a 55 gal?

soldier0117

How much GPH should i have inside of the tank for proper water movement for a reef in a 55 gal tank? Also has anyone heard about the new Hydor Koralia?

wangotango

for a reef you want to turn the entire volume over about 20x an hour, or even more for an sps dominated system. some models of the koralia have been recalled due to problems, so you may want to look into that.
-Justin

volcom69

Just bought two korlaia 400 gph im going to take out two rios i have in and upgrade to these ill let u know how they are tomorow after i put them in. I have an almost all sps tank and i have right now about 45-50 times and hour so i have alot of flow in my tank. That in my 55.

jz-hare

I havd mag drive MD36 on my 75Gal it works great. I have to hook 3- 1 inch U-Tube to feed this monster pump.

soldier0117

I may get a koralia or just some big pumps and put rotating heads on them. Thanks for help so far. I'll try to get some good flow going. I already have a rotating head to put on my sump return. My lfs told me that some good pumps with rotatings heads should be great.