In The Event Of A Power Outage

N

neg427

I have just installed my 20 gallon long sump. I have a eshopps dual overflow (u tube) and a mag 12 pump return from the sump. My question is if the power goes out, the water level drops, the siphon break, the sump levels out from the extra water from the DT. When the power goes back on ( and hear is where I get confused) - the pump turns on, returns water to the DT. Does the siphon start up by itself, if not the last chamber of the sump runs out and burns up my pump? Is this correct? If the siphon starts again then great, but if not then what can I do so that my pump doesn't get burned out? Thank you for those who takes time out of their day to help with all the problems that we post.

robertmathern

The syphon will not break if both sides of the utubs are under water. That is why one end sits in the overflow box in the DT. When the dt water level drops. The water in the box stays. With the tube in it. On the other side The water drain is above the bottom of the tube. So that side stays in water also. As long as there is water in there you will not loose syphon. Try it by turning the power on and off a few times. Then you will know what I am talking about.

rwall

Also you will want to make sure that if the return is more that a couple inches below the water level in the DT you'll want to drill a hole an inch or two below the water level so that the suction is broken or the water will be sucked from the DT to the sump if the power goes out. Glad I figured that one out before something bad happened :)