In wall tanks

rblovell

I am buying a new home. During build out I want to put an in wall in. Does anyone have Pics of in walls. Also what are the disadvantages on this kind of tank?

stacyt

I'm planning on knocking a hole in my wall in the next couple of weeks. I don't see any real disadvantage as long as you plan properly. I've looked at some freinds tanks, and hopefully learned from some of their mistakes. 1 freind of mine put a 300, but didn;t leave enough room at the top to easily access the tank. Another freind put his filtration in place, then built around that. Problem with that is if he ever needs to remove anything its a pain. Just try to keep in mind that you'll want to be able to access every part of the system easily. Heres a pic of my freinds 300.

charvel

Hi,I am still not finished,I have to replace the doors above the tank with ones to match the bottom doors.It is built in a closet. I can get behind it also. Only problem I see is venting,but it should'nt be to bad. Mike.:)

ksujason

Here is mine that I built in my basement walls. I put the front facing the living room and all of the equipment and stand on the office side. This was taken right after setup. It has worked out great so far. Its been in about 10 months. Just make sure you figure every detail out before hand. Any questions please ask.

spyderreef

I bought a 120 from a friend of mine. He had his built in with a seperate room to maintain the tank and the sump in the basement. He also had a hidden panel in the front. I know I have some pics, I will try and find them for you. I also built mine in but SO likes to be able to look at it from the ends of the tank so I bumped it out from the wall. Sump is on the other side. The pump is noisy and the studs seem to enhance the vibration. The system is still new so we are still working on making it quiet. Let me know if you want to see pics.