In what order? (stocking question)

tacks

I have a 125g with about 100 pounds of LR and 160 pounds of LS. The tank has been up and running for about 3 months with cleanup crew, diamond goby, and 5 small green chromis (about 1 inch). I would like to add the following fish but I'm not sure what order to add them.
Flame Angel
Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
One of the following (not sure yet) Queen Angel, Blueface Angel, or Emporer Angel.
I'm thinkiing maybe one fish every other month or so...
How often and in what order? Thanks in advance for the help and Happy Holidays to all!

lesleybird

Originally Posted by Tacks
I have a 125g with about 100 pounds of LR and 160 pounds of LS. The tank has been up and running for about 3 months with cleanup crew, diamond goby, and 5 small green chromis (about 1 inch). I would like to add the following fish but I'm not sure what order to add them.
Flame Angel
Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
One of the following (not sure yet) Queen Angel, Blueface Angel, or Emporer Angel.
I'm thinkiing maybe one fish every other month or so...
How often and in what order? Thanks in advance for the help and Happy Holidays to all!
Your tank is not big enough for the Naso Tang, Queen, Blueface, or Emporer Angel. These all get to 18 inches long and your tank is only 18 inches wide....not fun for the large fish at all. The Naso tang needs a 300 and the large angels need at least a 180 but would be better in a 300 as adults. If you don't believe me then look at the description of the same large angelfish on this site and it will tell you the same mimimum tank sizes. A 125 gallon is not that big in saltwater terms. I love those large angels too, but I do recommend the Scribbled angelfish and the Majestic angelfish for your size tank as these stay more in the 10 inch size range, not the 18 inch size range of the other angels that you listed. I have one of each of these in my 180. I really like the Scribbled as he is really friendly and will eat out of my hands. I have read that this is common for them. Some colorful fairy wrasses, royal gramma, and pygme angels could mix in a 125 with a yellow tang, some clowns, and a medium size angel like I listed. Lesley

tacks

Thanks for the advice Leslie. What should I add first then? Yellow Tang? Flame Angel? Majestic?
One more thing. I'm seeing the Emporer Angel advertised 100g tank or larger. Would love to have one of these.

joe 09

i would put the yellow tang in last.after they are in a tank for a while they can be very aggresive.

tacks

Originally Posted by joe 09
i would put the yellow tang in last.after they are in a tank for a while they can be very aggresive.

I was actually thinking of adding this fish first. I read that the Flame should be the last. I would like an Emporer but the tank has only been up for about 4 months (long enough?). Right now, the only things swimming around in this 125 are 5 Green Chromis (each about 1" long). I have several peppermint shrimp, a diamond gobie, a cleanup crew and a few feather dusters. What next?????

95harley

If you are decided on this I'd do.....
Flame
Naso
Yellow
Angel
Flame 1st because it's small and can't hurt like a tangs spikes
Naso is much more timid than a Yellow
Yellow as it's still more timid than a Large Angel
Large Angel last.
However, I agree that a 125g is probably not enough for this list as this is close to mine and I'm running a 240g.

tacks

Thanks for the replies. I've decided against the Naso due to tank size. I'm happy with a Flame, Yellow Tang, and Emporer.