Inducing Corraline Growth

maxalmon

I think the mods on this site get kinda ticked if you mention a specific site other than SWF, even though SWF doesn't sell this product. Just google for it or search for saltwater aquarium additives.

merredeth

Originally Posted by maxalmon
At what point would you add purple up to a new tank. My tank just finished it's cycle.
Start right in - just make sure you test for calcium.
Denise M.

merredeth

Originally Posted by nicodemus
Where is the best place to purchase purple up? My LFS does not have
Email me at merredeth at g mail dot com and I can hook ya up with some.
Denise M.

merredeth

Originally Posted by rrundle77
do you reduce the amout of B-ionic used when you add purple up ??
I don't use B-ionic, however in reading the information I found on another site for you I would think you would have to check all water parameters to make sure your calcium, Ph and alkalinity are in check.
Rule of thumb for me is if I put it in my system, I have to test for it until I know how frequently I can dose.
I had a notebook and for months I did all tests daily so I could have a visual to see what my tanks (yes, tanks!) parameters were and what kind of patern would develop.
I still enter into my log the water parameters and any notes of new additions to my tank, however now that I know my tank a hell of a lot better than when I started in this hobby I tend to at least test everything weekly weekly or if I'm bad bi-weekly and still note the water parameters.
Hope this helps you out a little,
Denise M.